Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Viewpoint in Shibuya Station 2024/1/14 13:34
Many moons ago (2008!!!!!) we found a spot within Shibuya Station which allowed us to overlook both the Hachiko Statue and the Shibuya Scramble.
From memory it was on a connecting internal bridge, and my pics from the time show wire over the windows.
Can anyone work out where I'm trying to describe?
We'd like to show our friends the same view before heading to Starbucks for the obligatory coffee.
Many thanks
by AusTF  

Re: Viewpoint in Shibuya Station 2024/1/14 16:29
I would most likely be able to work that out, but I'm afraid Shibuya changed drastically since then. All the buildings in that area are now gone and have been or being rebuilt.

But if you wish to share memories, feel free to come back to this thread to post a link to a website you'd upload your photo on. Or anyone can now enjoy nice views from the top of the new commercial buildings such Shibuya Scramble Square, Shibuya Stream and Shibuya Hikarie.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Viewpoint in Shibuya Station 2024/1/14 16:49
It sounds like the connecting walkway from Keio Shibuya station to JR Shibuya station.
Although I live at a few km from there I havenft been in many months. And when I went I just wanted to get fromKeio to JR (which is a pain). So I didnft look if the view is still there. But if you are in Shibuya anyway itfs easy to get up there.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Viewpoint in Shibuya Station 2024/1/14 18:36
Thank you Uno and Like Bike
That sounds like the walkway, Like Bike, definitely
If we can see it then fine, if not we shall go to one of your suggestions, Uco.

Many thanks to you both
by AusTF rate this post as useful

Re: Viewpoint in Shibuya Station 2024/1/14 21:57
To add onto Uco's post. Shibuya Sky is a new addition to the Shibuya area and offers a great birds eye view of Shibuya Crossing below and also offers great panoramic views of the surrounding Tokyo area (with views of Tokyo Tower, the new national stadium, Shinjuku Gyeon, etc).

One advice, if you do decide to visit Shibuya Sky, is to book tickets far in advance. On the times that I've visited (during the day & night) there has always been a sign informing guests that all tickets have been sold for the day.
Tickets can be brought from either the official Shibuya Sky webpage or from Klook.

Also, regards to Starbucks. Were you wishing to visit the one that offers views of Shibuya Sky? That one closed a few months ago, as renovations are underway in the building that it was located in.
If you want a coffee whilst enjoying views of the crossing, though, then located inside the Excel Hotel Tokyu is Estacion Cafe https://maps.app.goo.gl/Be6qoWW4rcQz61S69
by Kari Haruka rate this post as useful

Re: Viewpoint in Shibuya Station 2024/1/14 22:06
I meant the Starbucks that offered views of Shibuya Crossing... (thanks autocorrect)
by Kari Haruka rate this post as useful

Re: Viewpoint in Shibuya Station 2024/1/15 03:22
Is it the connection between Shibuya Station and Shibuya Mark City?

The view is great from there.
by Denis C rate this post as useful

Re: Viewpoint in Shibuya Station 2024/1/24 10:24
Thank you Kari Haruka and Denis C

We shall definitely fins a view point..

The thing about our long ago spot was that it was a great view of Hachiko as well: it was low down, not a sky scraper view

We will have loads of time, so can investigate at will

Many thanks

Re: Viewpoint in Shibuya Station 2024/1/24 10:24
Thank you Kari Haruka and Denis C

We shall definitely fins a view point..

The thing about our long ago spot was that it was a great view of Hachiko as well: it was low down, not a sky scraper view

We will have loads of time, so can investigate at will

Many thanks

Re: Viewpoint in Shibuya Station 2024/1/24 11:21
The Starbucks that offered views of Shibuya Crossing is no more as the whole building is closed for refurbishment.

The link between JR Shibuya and Mark City has been a popular place for viewing the crossing for years and while the never-ending construction has changed parts of the station, that viewing area is unaffected.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Viewpoint in Shibuya Station 2024/1/24 11:33

Shibuya station: 2 levels down from Shibuya sky is a nice free viewing platform. I discovered this place by chance when visiting the area last November.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Viewpoint in Shibuya Station 2024/1/26 08:56
Thanks for all the suggestions. It is very much appreciated. Clearly Shibuya will have changed somewhat since our last trip in 2015!!!!

reply to this thread