Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Two days in Okuhida onsen in March 2024/1/14 17:57
Hello, next March i'll be in Japan three weeks, travelling with a friend. In the middle of the trip we are visiting Kanazawa and Takayama, then we are wondering if staying in Okuhida onsen area for two days and two nights, just to have some relaxing days before heading to Tokyo. Does it worth to spend two nights there, or one is sufficient? Maybe we could stay one night in an onsen town and the other night in a different onsen town? Do you think it will be snowy around 20th March? Thank you, Nicola 
by Nicola A (guest)  

Re: Two days in Okuhida onsen in March 2024/1/15 09:05
It depends on how much you want to relax. And how much you like onsen.
For me 2 days of relax in an onsen sound great. I also wouldnft change accommodation because youfd likely need to checkout at 10:00 am and canft check in until 15:00 at the next place. So youfll need to spend the day out in the cold with you luggage.
If you want to visit an other onsen during the day, there are some in the area that are open to day visitors.

I would expect that there is snow.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Two days in Okuhida onsen in March 2024/1/15 12:29
Having a nice lazy day in the middle of a trip is great. Enjoy it is already planned.

Go explore some country roads and farms if you get bored.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Two days in Okuhida onsen in March 2024/1/15 16:38
From Takayama,u need 1600 yen,60 min by n ohi bus Alps liner tohirayu onsen bus terminal
by Jiko (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Two days in Okuhida onsen in March 2024/1/15 18:11
we always do 2 nights onsen-break in the middle of trip. Definitely stay in one, no point to move. For us it practically looks like arriving first afternoon, check-in, relaxing in onsen, dinner, some walking before night.
Next morning onsen, breakfast, exploring nearby, afternoon onsen, dinner, some walking before night.
Definitely dinner plans included, as usually there is no much places to eat out in onsen-towns, and because kaiseki is absolute treat and worth of money!
by girlwithpearl (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread