Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Takamaya 2024/1/15 21:16
Hi,
I am going to be staying in Takamaya for 3 nights and was looking for some day trips from the area.
I particularly want to visit Shirakawa-go and I have also read about some lovely hot springs in the mountains that sound like they may be worth a visit.

Would anyone be able to recommend either a tour company or bus company that would travel to these places from Takamaya?
Would these places be easy enough to find if we were to try and take a bus as we don't intend to use a car.

Does anyone have any other recommendations of must see things to do near Takamaya?
One of our days will be spent visiting the old town and the Hide Folk village.

by N74C  

Re: Takamaya 2024/1/16 08:04
Shirakawa-go by highway bus - you'll spend about 90 minutes before you've done the whole place. There used to be a great company that did 1/2 day tours, but they folded in 2022 due to covid.
The Hida Folk Village is a good alternative to Shirakawa-go as it is easily accessible and provides a different experience. Feedback from my clients that I took to both - the Hida Village was better.
The festival float museum and Showa museum are worth visiting.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Takamaya 2024/1/16 08:35
The town is called Takayama

The bus company in that area is Nohi.

They have busses to Shirakawago (I hear it is very full with tourists. I have only been to Ainokura and Gokayama myself, by car). The also have busses to Okuhida onsen area.

How to get around in the area is explained on Japan Guide.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Takamaya 2024/1/19 02:19
we are doing a half day ebike trip through sotoyama experience that we are excited about. also hope to hike in kamikochi for the day.
by Plambers rate this post as useful

Re: Takamaya 2024/1/20 12:18
You can also consider visiting Furukawa. It's just 2 stations away from Takayama.
https://visitjapan-vegetarian.com/hida-furukawa-gifu-japan/
by Lilz (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread