Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Yamaguchi or Tomonoura 2024/1/19 06:20
Hello,

On 7th August I have a hotel room in Yamaguchi city for the lantern festival. On the 6th I will be in Hiroshima. My main idea was to come to Yamaguchi and do some sightseeing but since Rurikoji pagoda is under scaffolding I am seriously thinking wether is worth going or not. Of course I will be at afternoon and night for the festival there.

So I thought about picking half day trips from Hiroshima that can allow me to go to Yamaguchi afterwards. I've been to Iwakuni before and I'm going to Onomichi on the 8th so I was considering Tomonoura, do you think is doable from Hiroshima go to Tomonoura and after lunch go from there to Yamaguchi? or is it too tight? if is too tight what do you recommend me to do, Hiroshima, Miyajima, Iwakuni and Onomichi are discarded, Akiyoshidai maybe?

Thanks
by Peter1986  

Re: Yamaguchi or Tomonoura 2024/1/19 06:29
You can take a Hikari to Fukuyama but not all Hikaris stop there. Kodamas would take longer as they stop everywhere. If I recall, the bus from Fukuyama to Tomonoura is about an hour but the frequency wasn't very high, so you have to plan ahead. It's a nice place with quite a bit of good scenery.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Yamaguchi or Tomonoura 2024/1/19 07:12
Tomonoura is 30 mins bus ride from JR Fukuyama station. Tomotetsu Bus runs every 20 mins.
by KyushuLocal rate this post as useful

Re: Yamaguchi or Tomonoura 2024/1/19 08:32
by kamahen (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Yamaguchi or Tomonoura 2024/1/19 16:58
Hagi is too far for a morning visit from Yamaguchi.
by Mellye rate this post as useful

Re: Yamaguchi or Tomonoura 2024/1/20 15:54
Akiyoshido is definitely worthwhile.
Yanai and Hofu Tenmangu Shrine are other alternatives.
As I said in the other thread, in Yamaguchi City, Joeiji Temple is nice. The Saint Francis Xavier Church has actual relics of the saint in addition to a small museum.
by Rabbityama rate this post as useful

Re: Yamaguchi or Tomonoura 2024/1/21 05:40
Tsuwano if you have 3/4 of a day free.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Yamaguchi or Tomonoura 2024/1/21 06:12
Loads of possibilities - Akiyoshido is magnificent. Tsuwano is not bad. You could also really get off the beaten path and see Sandankyo Gorge from Hiroshima (75 min bus ride). That would take half a day. Or there's Kure, or the really nice Senseki Garden in Higashihiroshima.
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread