Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Travel on from Keyakidaira 2024/1/20 20:00
Hi
I am planning to travel the Kurobe Gorge.
My question is how to travel on from the final stop at Keyakidaira?
Do I need to travel back on the Kurobe Gorge train?
Or is there a way to travel to Toyama?
Your advice is much appreciated.
by Gabriella (guest)  

Re: Travel on from Keyakidaira 2024/1/21 08:44
Starting from around June this year, the Kurobe Unazuki Canyon Route allows you to travel from Keyakidaira to Kurobe Dam, where you meet the Kurobe Tatetyama Alpine Route; HOWEVER, the only way to use this route is by purchasing an expensive 2-day travel package; and you can be sure that the plans will be disappearing like hot croissants once they go on sale (they were supposed to go on sale in a few days, but got delayed due to a damaged bridge along the Kurobe Railway and uncertainties about when it will be fixed).

For all commoners, however, Keyakidaira is the terminal station, and the only way to continue your trip is to backtrack to Unazuki. Unless you want to do a very demanding 2-day hike to Kurobe Dam.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Travel on from Keyakidaira 2024/1/21 12:40
The train in Kurobe gorge is a very small train. I am 1,74 m and had a hard time fitting my legs on the train. So travel onwards on that train EVEN if it becomes possible must be done without any significant luggage. You can potentially ship your luggage with Yamato to your next destination (or maybe the next afterwards)

@PP good to know that this train will continue. Might want to check it out myself some day
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Travel on from Keyakidaira 2024/1/21 16:17
Many thanks for you very helpful responses.
by Gabriella (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread