Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

About JR rail pass 2024/1/24 11:53
Does JR rail pass access to Fukuoka, Yamaguchi, Hiroshima, Osaka, Kyoto, Nara, Shizuoka, and Mie prefecture?
And can I use my pass from hakata station (Fukuoka) and all the prefectures mentioned above to the end of Tokyo station?

by Deepika Limbu (guest)  

Re: About JR rail pass 2024/1/24 18:52
Yes, you can travel to all of them just be careful that you CAN'T ride shinkansen (bullet train) NOZOMI and MIZUHO with JR Pass
by Peter1986 rate this post as useful

Re: About JR rail pass 2024/1/24 20:06
If starting at Fukuoka and finishing in Tokyo. A JR pass won't be a viable option for savings.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: About JR rail pass 2024/1/25 00:15
Probably doesnft pay off. Plus the pass is only valid on JR trains. Those are the majority of lines but specially around major cities eg in the Kansai area, there are also other private train companies. Eg to get to Nara a non JR line can (!) be more convenient. Depends from where to where you go.
What I want to say is that JRP doesnft cover ALL trains in a prefecture but ALL JR trains in Japan. Which is a difference knowing that there are MANY private train companies
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: About JR rail pass 2024/1/25 00:29
The short answer is yes, but it is not worth its high cost.
And now you can ride Nozomi trains, but with an added surcharge, further making it a waste.
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: About JR rail pass 2024/1/25 07:34
A JR pass works on JR trains. There are JR trains in all but one prefecture (Okinawa).
But as mentioned, there are a lot of other non-JR companies (over 100) where a JR pass is as good as a MacDonalds voucher in a KFC shop.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread