Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

JP bank and Pension withdrawal 2024/1/30 18:09
Hello everyone,

I am currently working in Japan for the past 2 years and will soon leave Japan to take up another position in a third country (not my home country India).
As I am doing the moving out procedure everything by myself it's really confusing for me as I am not fluent in Japanese especially, reading and writing.

I have mainly following 2 confusions,

1. As I have only one bank account in Japan which is in JP bank and I will receive my salary until March after I leave in February, can I keep it open? My residence card is valid until June 2025 which was submitted to JP Bank, but I am afraid whether JP Bank can get the information from airport immigration or not that I left Japan permanently and then close my bank account by themselve. My account type is written as 【預金種目】 普通預金

2. As I will apply for lumpsum pension withdrawal (employees pension) I am currently preparing the paper work and I have plan to receive it in my JP bank account only. I will consume the remaining money (salary and pension) using my Japanese credit cards.

Can anyone suggest me whether these are feasible or any better idea for me?

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,
Anusua
by Anonym221991  

Re: JP bank and Pension withdrawal 2024/2/1 09:17
Do you want to risk it? JPost bank may or may not freeze/block your account, so how will you rectify that from outside Japan?

https://www.nenkin.go.jp/international/japanese-system/withdrawalpayme...
Link on PensionLumpsump Withdrawal Payment process in multiple language ↑↑↑

From above link documentation, Pg.16 We need your supporting documents,
it mentioned below:-
※You cannot receive the Lump-sum Withdrawal Payment at the Japan Post Bank.

So JPost bank is out of question. Too bad.

And also don't forget about the 20% tax withheld, another separate application.

You can only file the lumpsump withdrawal once you're back in your country/outside Japan within 2 years. But make sure you get all Japan related documentation done before you leave Japan.
by @.. (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread