Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Immigration time at Haneda Tokyo airport 2024/2/1 01:57
How much Immigration time at Tokyo Haneda Airport. My flight from USA would land in Tokyo, Haneda at 3:55 PM at terminal 3 and I have to board my flight to Osaka from terminal 1 at 6:05 PM. Is the layover time of 2 hours 10 minutes good enough to clear immigration and reach terminal 1 ?
by shekhar jindal (guest)  

Re: Immigration time at Haneda Tokyo airport 2024/2/2 07:12
While each day and time might be different, I fear that is cutting it really close. Last March I did something similar but with 1:50 as the layover. Admittedly that was before the covid checks had completely finished, but it turned out to be a big rush and while I did make the flight to Fukuoka, my suitcase arrived the next morning.

If you are booked through on the same ticket it might not be a big problem if there is a seat on a later flight, but if they are separate tickets, I wouldn't risk it and try to change the internal flight to a later time.

At least it should be plenty early enough to divert to a Shinkansen, but of course that comes with a significant extra cost.
by Orangezorki rate this post as useful

Re: Immigration time at Haneda Tokyo airport 2024/2/2 07:36
I went through Haneda in August and December of last year. August was pretty bad at around 70 minutes, but things improved a lot in December at around 20 minutes. Both were late arriving flights, so I am not sure how applicable it is for your flight. I have heard that they have trained more staff since the lows of the pandemic.
by ITO (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Immigration time at Haneda Tokyo airport 2024/2/2 07:42
Agreeing with Orange, this was my experience. Immigration only was about 30 minutes and there were a lot of people waiting in line. To save time, you must fill out the forms in the Visit Japan Web as many people did not and they spent time filling out information on their phones. You can also fill out the disembarkation form as well.

I went to Terminal 2 from Terminal 3 and you have to add about 10-15 minutes from the Arrivals Hall exit. If you do not have an IC card, you would have to purchase a ticket at the ticket machines, and unless you know what you are doing, it might add a few minutes. Frequency between Terminal 3 and 1/2 is about 5 minutes. I personally prefer Keikyu but you can also take the monorail. Difference between the two is the lineup at the ticket machines.

Both Terminal 1 and 2 are mirror image of each other and are massive terminals so pray the gate is close to the security checkpoints. I once had my gate changed three times at Terminal 2 and it was brutally long even with the people mover.

Doesn't answer your questions totally but it hopefully helps gauge your timing. You could ask the flight attendant to let you out of the United Plane to catch your flight.
by Villagemayor rate this post as useful

reply to this thread