Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Haruka One Way Klook and Icoca loading 2024/2/2 13:26
We plan to go from KIX to Kyoto on the Haruka express, and then use the Kyoto subway later that day

Looking at the Klook site there does not seem to be an option to book reserved seats?
Am I missing something ?

We will also need to load Yen onto our current ICOCA cards.

Are there different ticket machines for each of JR and ICOCA? Or can you do all ticketing at the one machine? Could we do this all on arrival? or should we load the ICOCA cards in Kyoto?

Having always had a JR Pass this is all a bit new!

Thank you!

by AusTF  

Re: Haruka One Way Klook and Icoca loading 2024/2/2 16:55
Ask klook...

IC card machines are everywhere and the same. Airport, Kyoto or subway. Any one will work.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Haruka One Way Klook and Icoca loading 2024/2/2 18:41
Why Klook?
Just buy ticket for Haruka once at the airport so you can take the next train.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Haruka One Way Klook and Icoca loading 2024/2/2 19:14
"Why Klook"

Because that is where this website directs you from the info page about Haruka One Way tickets.

Also, wherever it is bought online outside of Japan it appears to be significantly cheaper than buying on arrival

by AusTF rate this post as useful

Re: Haruka One Way Klook and Icoca loading 2024/2/2 19:31
Never seen it cheaper outside Japan. Especially from Klook that normally adds massive mark ups.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Haruka One Way Klook and Icoca loading 2024/2/2 20:55
Especially from Klook that normally adds massive mark ups.

From my experience, this is not true at all. And for the JR passes and discount tickets in particular, they sell it at the same price as any other retailer (which usually means less expensive than buying from the official website).

For OP:
https://www.westjr.co.jp/global/en/ticket/pass/one_way/haruka/

· Reserved seat tickets can be reserved at a ticket vending machine or a station ticket office.
Click here for information on reserving reserved seat tickets from a ticket vending machine.

· Seat reservations are also available online for Discounted One-way Ticket reserved via JR-WEST ONLINE TRAIN RESERVATION.

This is the same procedure as the JR passes.
- Buy on the official website, and you can make seats reservations online.
- Buy from a 3rd party, and you have to make your reservations in Japan (machine or ticket office)

Since your ticket is sold at the same price (2,200 yens) everywhere, I would buy it from JR West directly.
by Mellye rate this post as useful

Re: Haruka One Way Klook and Icoca loading 2024/2/2 21:57
Beside 1 way Ticket, you can buy JR west kansai area pass 1 day=2800 yen,unlimited travel in kyoto, osaka, nara ,kansai intl airport
by Lima (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Haruka One Way Klook and Icoca loading 2024/2/3 07:08
Oh OK...thanks everyone, clearly I have misunderstood the process.

Having always purchased JR Passes in the past, I mistakenly assumed these "one way tickets for foreigners" also needed to be purchased "outside Japan" ie prior to arrival: I had no idea they could be purchased ON arrival. I am now also assuming also that Reserved Seats will add to the costs?

This makes life heaps easier for us, many thanks for the info to everyone.

**ADMIN** maybe remove the direct link to Klook? Just say "passes can be purchased at..."and give ALL options?

So thanks again everyone and apologies for the misunderstanding!
by AusTF rate this post as useful

reply to this thread