Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Nagaoka Fireworks 2024 2024/2/2 13:56
こんにちは. May I know if Nagaoka Fireworks will happen this year, 2024? If yes,please also suggest a hotel which is within walking distance (up to 30-45 mins walk) to the site? Thank you.
by Suanz  

Re: Nagaoka Fireworks 2024 2024/2/2 16:35
I can't think of a reason why it would not be held.
Getting a hotel near Nakaoka is extremely difficult. Many hotels do lotteries with very slim chances of being successful. I tried last year together with multiple persons, and we all failed and went on a side trip.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Nagaoka Fireworks 2024 2024/2/5 08:56
Thank you. I’ll start planning.
by Suanz rate this post as useful

Re: Nagaoka Fireworks 2024 2024/2/5 12:12

We gave up looking for accommodation in Nagaoka during our visit for the Nagaoka fireworks festival before the Covid, and ended up staying in Niigata which is only 2 stops away by Shinkansen.
by liem (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Nagaoka Fireworks 2024 2024/2/5 13:17
I cannot find any hotels near Niigata station either. The nearest is about 13 - 20 km away. This is going to be challenging.

Re: Nagaoka Fireworks 2024 2024/2/5 13:36

I stayed at Toyoko inn Niigata, their reservation is only available 6 months in advance, so there is still a chance of getting a room there.

Re: Nagaoka Fireworks 2024 2024/2/5 13:43

Sorry just realised, today is alredy 5th of FEB

Re: Nagaoka Fireworks 2024 2024/2/16 11:06
こんにちは

I managed to find a hotel in Niigata.
My plan is to make my way to Nagaoka and find a random spot to watch the fireworks and then take last shinkansen (11pm-ish) back to Niigata.
Will I be able to watch the fireworks from any random spot? Or can some kind Samaritan advise me where is a good, les-crowded spot to watch it for free? I don't think I'd be able to get tickets for the fireworks.
Lastly, will the fireworks be cancelled if it rains? Or it will still go ahead after rain stops?

Thanks in advance for your response(s).

Re: Nagaoka Fireworks 2024 2024/2/16 19:33

Possibly tickets would still be available on the day,  be sure to arrive early.
During our visit, we bought tickets hours before the show. The only issue was no more single tickets left then, however I bought group tickets for six people and  shared them with another 2 couples who missed out on single tickets.

Re: Nagaoka Fireworks 2024 2024/3/16 02:15
Im planning to go to nagaoka fireworks too this year. No hotel/ hostel in Nagaoka available for online book 😂. So i decide to book a "capsule" hotel in Niigata near the station for 1 night. I wish i could have a chance to buy general ticket this May 🥹
by Apr (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread