Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Residence card problem 2024/2/4 20:40
Hi !
I’m contacting you because I have a problem. I’m in Japan for my studies and I hold a visa and a residence card both valid for 1 year. I planned a trip outside Japan for 1 week and when filling out the form at the airport, I checked "Leave Japan permanently" instead of "Leaving Japan and coming back". The airport punctured my card and stamped my visa… What should I do please ? I will see with customs once arrived in Australia.
by Maynot99  

Re: Residence card problem 2024/2/5 09:41
That is a BIG oops..

And the first thing you need to do is contact with Japanese embassy in Australia and see what they can do to help you. And at the same time, try to contact Japan immigration as well.

As for Australia Immigration(not custom), whether they will check your Japan resident status, grant you entry to Australia, that is another question you need to sort out with Australian immigration.

When did you notice this BIG oops, at the airport before you fly? Should have gone straight to immigration to rectify this.

Anyway, good luck to you, hope everything goes well.

Please come back and post the outcome/result for future reference.

by @.. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Residence card problem 2024/2/5 12:01
I would definitely contact immigration as soon as you can. I'm not sure how you ticked the wrong box at the airport, but there must be some way that you can get in touch with them. I wonder consider that an emergency if you need to speak to someone right away. Did you realize it at the airport or did you realize while you were in Australia? Wishing you the best luck my friend.
by Tom (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Residence card problem 2024/2/5 12:39
Are you Australian, or just visiting? What passport are you travelling on?
You will need to contact the Japanese authorities while in Australia. Simple reason being that when trying to board your returning flight to Japan without onward travel, boarding will be denied. You need a valid document to allow you to travel back, if that is a temporary document, the Embassy should be able to advise. Even if you are travelling on a passport that allows visa free entry, you will be denied boarding.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Residence card problem 2024/2/5 22:59
Hi, thank you everyone for your answers !

I took an appointment on February 8 at the Japanese embassy in Sydney. I have also contacted my university in Osaka, the Japanese embassy in France, the French embassy in Japan and I am waiting for their response. I'm just on vacation in Sydney, I have my return flight to Japan on February 13th.
by Maynot99 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread