Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Kanazawa or Hiroshima? 2024/2/19 09:13
I'm planning my first trip to Japan for this March and am deciding whether to go to Hiroshima after visiting Kyoto & surroundings or to go north to Kanazawa & surroundings. I won't have time to do both and have to choose. I welcome input! Thank you!
by HH44  

Re: Kanazawa or Hiroshima? 2024/2/19 11:17
While they share some similar sights. They can be different in other ways.

Just write down what you wanna see and do. Bigger list wins.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kanazawa or Hiroshima? 2024/2/19 12:04
Kanazawa is sort of like mini Kyoto, except they have fresher seafood.
I would go to Miyajima (Hiroshima).
by kamahen (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kanazawa or Hiroshima? 2024/2/19 18:54
If you have to choose among the two go to Miyajima and Hiroshima, Kanazawa is similar to Kyoto, is famous for a garden and the traditional teahouses.
by Peter1986 rate this post as useful

Re: Kanazawa or Hiroshima? 2024/2/20 03:57
Personally I do not find Kanazawa to be like Kyoto. However, in answering your question, there is more than just which is (subjectively) better. Where are you going afterwards for instance. Kanazawa is more convenient and efficient if returning to Tokyo.
However, Hiroshima would normally win out of the two places.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Kanazawa or Hiroshima? 2024/2/20 07:46
Thank you for these thoughts.
@JapanCustomTours I'll be heading back to Tokyo after this part of my itinerary.
by HH44 rate this post as useful

Re: Kanazawa or Hiroshima? 2024/2/22 22:54
These are very different cities with completely different appeal. (Also, Kanazawa doesn't feel anything like Kyoto. Kyoto's appeal is heavily weighted in its temples and shrines. That is not true at all for Kanazawa).

Why did you choose Hiroshima and Kanazawa? What places interest you in Hiroshima? What places interest you in Kanazawa?

Also, if you are visiting in March, will it be towards the end of the month? That will likely be cherry blossom season in Hiroshima if that interests you.
by Rabbityama rate this post as useful

reply to this thread