Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Does SOFA status extend to my children? 2024/3/1 03:13
My husband has unaccompanied orders to Japan and I have found employment (via contractor) to work on base. They do offer SOFA with this job but it is unclear to them and to me whether or not that also applies to my children. Can anyone explain whether or not my children need their own SOFA status or are they automatically included in mine?

I'm envisioning this like any other VISA process with an application to the Japanese consulate where they will place a VISA in my passport. If my children are not also listed on that letter of employment that is required with the VISA application, then they would not get a VISA in their passports? Is this how it works?

Any clarification on this is appreciated. I am not taking this job and leaving my children behind!
by Rachel (guest)  

Re: Does SOFA status extend to my children? 2024/3/1 10:28
Have you tried contacting the military who are in charge of issuing the SOFA status? I figure they would have a much better answer than people here on the forum.
by Tom (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Does SOFA status extend to my children? 2024/3/1 13:21
They need their own status. And you or your husband organise it through the military.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Does SOFA status extend to my children? 2024/3/1 14:53
SOFA isnft granted by the Japanese government but by US. So you need to enquire with the base
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

reply to this thread