Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

How to plan a day trip in Osaka from Kyoto? 2024/3/1 18:52
We are interested in taking a day trip from Kyoto to Osaka and returning to Kyoto, utilizing our JR Pass. Which attractions in Osaka are highly recommended for us to visit? Additionally, is transportation convenient and readily available in Osaka?
by Manish Jain  

Re: How to plan a day trip in Osaka from Kyoto? 2024/3/2 02:12
A list of the major attractions in Osaka
https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2157.html

I have been there three times and am far from having seen everything (but not planning to either). "Minami (Namba)" with Dontonbori is the most iconic site, in my opinion. The

Which JR pass do you have? Osaka is really close to Kyoto, and not expensive to get to, so it would likely be a waste of your pass to spend your day there.
by Mellye rate this post as useful

Re: How to plan a day trip in Osaka from Kyoto? 2024/3/2 14:34
Lots of sights to see. But I'd only go if you actually need to go and see somethgin there. The fact you are asking what is there to see and do. Tells me Osaka doesn't need to be on your itinerary.

JR and JR pass aren't all the convenient in Osaka (and Kyoto). Get you to a few main sights, but you need an IC card to use the subways and trams for more targeted travels.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread