Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Narita to Fukuoka 2024/3/1 18:54
Im want to travel from Narita airport to fukuoka using JR pass. Can I book a direct train from shinagawa or I have to book to shin kobe then book again to go to Hakata station? Can I do this online?
by Bayani (guest)  

Re: Narita to fukuoka 2024/3/2 01:23
The only trains that go directly from Shinagawa to Hakata are Nozomi trains, which are not covered by the Japan Rail Pass (unless you purchase an expensive supplement ticket). Therefore, a transfer will be required along the way. You can make all the bookings at Narita Airport.

By the way, by far the cheapest and fastest way of travel between Narita and Fukuoka is a domestic flight.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Narita to Fukuoka 2024/3/2 01:26
To answer your second question: if you purchase you pass thorugh the official JRP website, then you will be able to make the seat reservations online.

Re: Narita to Fukuoka 2024/3/2 01:49
Re: Narita to Fukuoka 2024/3/2 01:26
To answer your second question: if you purchase you pass thorugh the official JRP website, then you will be able to make the seat reservations online.

When you mean purchase online just booking it? or you need to redeem in a machine the JR Pass or exchange voucher first and then book?

For example if I travel on April let's say, I buy it know (you can exchange no more than 3 months after you get the voucher etc) can I book now? or I have to wait until April when I redeem it?

Can you link the JRP website you talk about please? Because I see lots of oficial agents but not sure which one ts the legit oficial JRP site

Thank you
by Peter1986 rate this post as useful

Re: Narita to Fukuoka 2024/3/2 06:56
The official JR site is
https://japanrailpass.net/en/

But mentioned already, flying would be a better and faster way to go.
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Narita to Fukuoka 2024/3/2 11:10
When you mean purchase online just booking it? or you need to redeem in a machine the JR Pass or exchange voucher first and then book?

This is the website through which you can make seat reservations IF you purchased your pass through the official JRP website. You have to pick up seat reservation tickets at ticket machines before you can ride the train.

For example if I travel on April let's say, I buy it know (you can exchange no more than 3 months after you get the voucher etc) can I book now? or I have to wait until April when I redeem it?

In order to use the online reservation site, you must purchase your pass via the official JRP website. If you do so, then you have to select your pass' starting date at the time of the purchase, and you have to select a starting date within a 1-month period. So, if you want to use it from April 1, you can buy it from March 1. As for seat reservations, they can be made from one month in advance. So, for seat reservation for April 5, you can start making resrevations from March 5.

The 3-month rule and voucher business applies when buying the pass through non-official channels. But if you use those, then you can't use the online seat reservation tool.

Re: Narita to Fukuoka 2024/3/2 11:11
Here is the link I forgot to paste:
https://www.japanrailpass-reservation.net/

Re: Narita to Fukuoka 2024/3/3 05:27
Thank you to all that replied. All of your repljes are helpful. I will try to book our shinkansen resrvations tonight.
by Bayani (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Narita to Fukuoka 2024/3/3 07:10
Frankly unless you travel in GW or close to NY I wouldnft reserve before you are in Japan. You cannot control when your flight arrives and how long it takes to get through customs/immigration. You might end up with a lengthy wait or in stress because you canft make the train you reserved.
Anyway if you really book early just to inform you, with the ticket you CAN take an earlier /later Shinkansen but in the unreserved area.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

reply to this thread