Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Snow/freezing temps end of Dec at Fuji Q? 2024/3/2 01:45
I'm hearing it may be freezing temps end of Dec which I also hear that will shut down rides at fuji Q. We have no other choice but to go during this time and question what we should do.

1- keep our plans to stay at Highland Resort & Spa and just hope for the best for Fuji Q

2-have a day trip or spend the night near Nagashima Spa Land since they do have some great coasters too and not spend the night at Highland Resort. we will be coming from Kyoto/Osaka to Tokyo and could possibly look into having a stop and go after riding the rides the boys want to ride. I don't know if that would be possible.

My concern is that I can't cancel and rebook different hotels last min. Highland Resort seems to have a strict cancellation notice plus we are going during Christmas season.
by Cheryl (guest)  

Re: Snow/freezing temps end of Dec at Fuji Q? 2024/3/2 14:27
Personal preference really.

I'd prefer option 2. Option 1 sounds like horror to me. I am not interested in walking around in the cold.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Snow/freezing temps end of Dec at Fuji Q? 2024/3/2 17:41
Maybe consider Disney Land instead? It doesnft get that cold in Tokyo and I heard that a lot of the attractions at Disneyland are indoors.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Snow/freezing temps end of Dec at Fuji Q? 2024/3/3 18:23
My concern is that I can't cancel and rebook different hotels last min. Highland Resort seems to have a strict cancellation notice plus we are going during Christmas season.
Christmas isn't a big thing in Japan (maybe except at Disney) and it is over nine months away so why you say "last minute" is a bit weird.
December is winter and Kawaguchiko is cold. Will things be closed due to snow, - depends on the season. Even Tokyo does get snow as early as November, in the area around Fuji/Kawaguchiko, sure its going to be cold.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Snow/freezing temps end of Dec at Fuji Q? 2024/3/4 04:08
Both options are reasonable for me so it is only a matter of your choice. You can't be certain about the weather so stay updated with the forecast and make your plans accordingly.
by JaydonG rate this post as useful

reply to this thread