Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

14 days. Jr pass/regions/individual better? 2024/3/5 13:10
Hello! I'm going to Japan with my wife for the first time In May 2024 and need help deciding what's better to get when it comes to the passes.

I'm going from haneda airport > Shibuya tokyo(4days)> Fuji(day trip/roundtrip)> kyoto(2days)>osaka(4days)>Nara(day trip/roundtrip)>STokyo(rest of trip)>Hakone(daytrip/roundtrip)>Stokyo>airport...

Of course, exploring other areas in Tokyo.

Been trying to do some research but still can't seem to know what's better to do.. Jr pass worth? should I do individual? or is there a certain pass of the regions I should get?

Also would love ANY advice! Any suggestions for changes in my itinerary! Still in the works of finalizing everything.

please and thank you in advance!!! :)
by Julius S (guest)  

Re: 14 days. Jr pass/regions/individual better? 2024/3/6 05:54
The JR nation wide passes won't work for your itinerary.

Pick regional or daily passes that do.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 14 days. Jr pass/regions/individual better? 2024/3/6 06:01
For your plans, the JR Pass would be a big waste of money. You might consider seeing the Fuji 5 Lakes area and Hakone (if doing the Loop Course there) together with a Fuji-Hakone Pass. A weekday would be far preferable as far as crowds go.
https://www.odakyu.jp/english/passes/fujihakone/

Within Tokyo, a 72-hour subway pass can save you some money and it's not hard to break even on, if going all over.
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 14 days. Jr pass/regions/individual better? 2024/3/6 08:42
No big savings as you are only doing one modest round trip of any distance and the national pass (7-day version) is still too expensive.
The Hakone free pass might save you a few dollars (US$20 each), but not big money. And weigh up the inconvenience of only using subways trying to make the 72-hour subway pass pay off. You might save $5-$10 but spend a couple of extra hours on trains when a JR hop gets you directly to your destination (for example, Shinjuku to Harajuku is two stops by JR, but two subway rides).
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread