Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

First Family Trip to Japan 23-Days Itinerary 2024/3/8 10:34
I am traveling with my wife and 17-year old daughter during the summer. My daughter loves manga, and dreams to travel to Japan and it's learning on her own Japanese and Kanji. So, this is her high school graduation gift. Both my wife and daughter like shopping and street food. I loved sightseeing, castles and walking in general. My itinerary is easy going but trying to minimize transit times between hotel stays.

Day 0: Departure from Washington DC (17-20 hrs. flight)
5 Nights in Osaka
Day 1: Arrival around 4PM via Kansai Airport or Osaka (Itami) Airport (no activity)
Days 2-3: Osaka
Day 4: Universal Studios Japan
Day 5: Nara
2 Nights in Hiroshima
Day 6: Hiroshima
Day 7: Miyajima
4 Nights in Kyoto
Day 8: (morning) Himeji and (early evening) Kyoto's Fushimi Inari Shrine
Day 9-11: Kyoto
1 Night in Hakone
Day 12: Resting day at a Hokone area Ryokan-Onsen

Q: Any suggestions on a family friendly moderate rate Ryokan w/ the posibility of private Onsen? I see they are VERY expensive. My budget objective is not to exceed US$750 for a one night Ryokan-Onsen.

Day 13: Hakone Circuit and then 5PM Taxi to Lake Kawaguchiko.
2 Nights in Lake Kawaguchiko
Day 14: Lake Kawaguchiko and Mount Fuji area
Day 15: (morning) Lake Kawaguchiko, (afternoon) travel to Tokyo, and (evening) Shinjuku

(My wife's only "DEMAND" is the perfect picture at the Chureito Pagoda with Mount Fuji in the background, 2 mornings may give us a chance for a summer view of Mt. Fuji, God willing!)
Q: Should I spend the whole 2nd day in Kawaguchiko and skip Shinjuku that evening?

5 Nights in Tokyo
Days 16-19 (4 days) Tokyo

Q: My wife is into Reiki. Is there a recommendation of a Reiki activity/place for her to experience/practice in Tokyo (2-4 hours)?

3 Nights in Tokyo Bay
Day 20: Odaiba
Days 21-22: DisneySea

Q: Are 2 days too much to enjoy DisneySea in weekdays? or Should I use this day somewhere else like Nagoya, one more night in Kyoto, or other stop or side-trip that would be a delightful surprise to a 17 year old and wife?

Day 23: Departure to WDC.

Thanks
by Nestor (guest)  

Re: First Family Trip to Japan 23-Days Itinerary 2024/3/8 13:09
Overall looks good

Ifd remove the Odaiba day though. You can easily visit Odaiba from Tokyo if you absolutely must, but it isnft a very interesting part of town.

Taxi from Hakone to Kawaguchiko sounds like a pricy trip. Did you check public transport alternatives?

And schedule your theme park days on WE
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: First Family Trip to Japan 23-Days Itinerary 2024/3/8 17:39
(My wife's only "DEMAND" is the perfect picture at the Chureito Pagoda with Mount Fuji in the background, 2 mornings may give us a chance for a summer view of Mt. Fuji, God willing!)
->
This is the clear-sky rate data of Fujikawaguchiko town for 30 years.
https://www.benricho.org/weather_ratio/19_2_08.html
The rate of fine weather in winter is overwhelmingly high, but it was cloudy when I went on February 2nd.
It's not the best, but I was able to take a picture.
There is almost no snow left on Mount Fuji in summer, so I prefer winter.
Beyond that, I think the cherry blossom season is the best.
Hommachi main street and Mt. Fuji from Kana-dorii (near Fujisan station) are also good.
By the way, I don't think there is a circuit in Hakone.
Forza Motorsport is a game.
https://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/1533255.html
There is actually a road called Hakone Turnpike.
https://www.htpl.co.jp/?p=we-page-top-1
by haro1210 rate this post as useful

Re: First Family Trip to Japan 23-Days Itinerary 2024/3/8 17:46
Add a day in Hiroshima. Remove a day in Osaka.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread