Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Icoca card 2024/3/10 14:23
I'll be travelling to Osaka > Kyoto > Kurashiki. I have an ICOCA card from a previous visit.

1. Can I use an ICOCA card in all these places? Or is there other or better options?

2. I plan to take the limousine bus from the Kansai airport Osaka to Kyoto station. Can I pay for it with my ICOCA card?

Thanks,
Anna

by Anna (guest)  

Re: Icoca card 2024/3/11 04:49
1. Can I use an ICOCA card in all these places? Or is there other or better options?

ICOCA can be used in all these places, but if you want to use it on the shinkansen, you need to use this website:
https://smart-ex.jp/en/lp/app/

Also, on non-shinkansen trains, there is a limit of 200km, which you can travel with an ICOCA card. Osaka-Kurashiki just happens to be 200 kilometers, so it could theoretically cause you some minor complications. This limitation does not apply if you use the shinkansen.

2. I plan to take the limousine bus from the Kansai airport Osaka to Kyoto station. Can I pay for it with my ICOCA card?

Yes.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Icoca card 2024/3/11 05:12
Thanks, Uji.

If I can't use the ICOCA card for Kurashiki to Osaka, I can always buy a non-shinkansen ticket by cash, right?
by Anna (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Icoca card 2024/3/11 05:15
Yes, paper tickets can be always be purchase by cash. Credit cards are also accepted at most ticket offices and machines.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Icoca card 2024/3/11 05:20
Many thanks again for your advice, Uji.
by Anna (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread