Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Fuji-Shizuoka Tourist Pass Mini (bus) 2024/3/13 00:45
Has anyone used the Mt. Fuji-Shizuoka Area Tourist Pass Mini to take the bus from Kawaguchiko station to Gotemba station? The route is covered according to the official website and this website, but the JapanTravel app doesn't count this route under the pass. Looking at Klook reviews, it seems like the pass is not widely known among the bus drivers and they were denied from using the pass.
by Karl (guest)  

Re: Fuji-Shizuoka Tourist Pass Mini (bus) 2024/3/13 04:36
https://touristpass.jp/en/fuji_shizuoka/

Looks like it is covered to me
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Fuji-Shizuoka Tourist Pass Mini (bus) 2024/3/14 05:24
it seems like the pass is not widely known among the bus drivers and they were denied from using the pass.

It is possible. I personally think it is much more likely that at least some these tourists mistakenly boarded bus lines that are not covered by the pass, such as the tourist bus lines around Kawaguchiko or the line to the 5th Station. I see these type of misunderstanding all the time and everywhere.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Fuji-Shizuoka Tourist Pass Mini (bus) 2024/3/14 05:26
Here is another attempt at visualizing what bus lines are covered:
https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2361_fuji_shizuoka.html

Re: Fuji-Shizuoka Tourist Pass Mini (bus) 2024/3/14 05:33
A further possible cause of confusion are the direct Msihima-Kawaguchiko express buses. I am pretty sure that these are not covered, as opposed to the regular Mishima-Gotemba-Kawaguchiko buses.

In addition, there are also some limited express buses between Gotemba and Kawaguchiko - as opposed to regular buses - which cost a little more. It is not entirely clear from the official website, but these limited express buses may not be covered, either, and could be the cause of the misunderstanding.

reply to this thread