Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

E-Train ticket not for Shinkansen 2024/3/27 22:55
I know (and use) smart Ex for Shinkansen tickets and itfs very convenient to book online , link the ticket to my IC card, be able to change reservation until a few minutes before departurec

However Smart ex is only for Shinkansen tickets on the Tokaido and Kyushu Shinkansen. However I plan to travel from Matsumoto to Tokyo by train this weekend.

I found Ekinet where I can reserve a ticket online but then need to pick up the actual ticket at a ticket machine (or worse still, an office).

Is it correct that there is no way to reserve a JR train ticket and link it electronically to my IC card like with smart Ex? Is the only option to reserve online but then print out the ticket at a ticket machine?
(I probably shouldnft be surprisedc but stillc Got too used to the ease of using smart Ex)
by LikeBike  

Re: E-Train ticket not for Shinkansen 2024/3/28 07:35
On the Japanese version of Ekinet it is possible to make "ticket-less" reservations for the limited express trains between Tokyo and Matsumoto. And the base fare can be paid with Suica. However, it seems that this feature is not available in the English version, which is too bad.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: E-Train ticket not for Shinkansen 2024/3/31 21:26
@Uji, thank you. Ifll try it out. I didnft make it to Matsumoto today as the small mountain road I took from Bessho onsen turned into a gravel road halfway through so I descended again towards Ueda and took the Shinkansen back from there.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

reply to this thread