Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Adoption in Japan 2024/4/17 19:11
Hi. My adoption is on process here in Japan. It's an adult adoption. The city hall said it is possible. But the only problem is my younger brother doesn't want to sign in the consent paper. Do you guys know any other way for me to be legally adopted? Thank you.
by 717 (guest)  

Re: Adoption in Japan 2024/4/18 17:18
This sounds like a legal question.

Asking someone with legal experience is probably best
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Adoption in Japan 2024/4/18 17:29
why is the agreement by your brother necessary ?
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Adoption in Japan 2024/4/18 18:26
Why is your brother not signing the paper, and what position is he in? For example, are you saying that you are the only person being adopted to another family, and your younger brother by birth is not agreeing with you leaving his? And if so, are you asking for a way to leave your brother's family ties without really leaving it? Why do you want to be adopted in the first place? I don't know if you need a lawyer, counselor or another relative, but it all depends on what your problem really is.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Adoption in Japan 2024/4/19 12:48
https://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+180511
same person ?

OP, this is a legal matter, consult a lawyer?

My adoption is on process here in Japan.
So that's mean in not yet started? Involved lawyer? Are you foreign citizen?
who adopting who?

Tooo many things that is not laid out/info not given, what is there for us to "advise" you ?

Why does your brother 'signature'/consent got to do with your 'adult adoption' ?
by @.. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Adoption in Japan 2024/4/19 18:34
RE- other people

Adult adoption often has lots to do with inheritance.

As a result - siblings "might" need to agree to the adoption as it "might" affects their inheritance. If it's his biological sibling - then I have no idea.
by mfedley rate this post as useful

reply to this thread