Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

On the Hokkaido Shinkansen right now... 2024/4/24 10:42
...and I did not realize that the ekiben trolley ladies with their carts are still working this route! I thought it had been discontinued. Anyways, I purchased the "famous" rock hard frozen "banilla" ice cream for Y340.

I do have a question. On what other shinkansen routes are the trolley ladies and their carts still operating?

Thanks.

Stan
by USC4Ever  

Re: On the Hokkaido Shinkansen right now... 2024/4/24 12:04
JR east are the only that still do it
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: On the Hokkaido Shinkansen right now... 2024/4/24 12:07
You must still have been along the Tohoku Shinkansen section (between Tokyo and Shin-Aomori), because JR Hokkaido has stopped food cart service this spring along the Hokkaido Shinkansen (Aomori-Hakodate). I just took the Hokkaido Shinkansen yesterday from Hakodate, and they were very clear about the food service not being offered along the Hokkaido Shinkansen setcion. However, along the Tohoku Shinkansen section (Tokyo-Aomori), food cart services are still offered, although the sale of Ekiben has ended this March. Just beverages and some snacks are now offered.

According to my understanding, food cart service on shinkansen trains is still offered on most:
- Hayabusa/Komachi trains along the Tohoku Shinkansen
- Tsubasa trains along the Tohoku/Yamagata Shinkansen
- Kagayaki/Hakutaka trains along the Hokuriku Shinkansen
- Toki trains along the Joetsu Shinkansen
- In Green Class on Nozomi and Hikari along the Sanyo Shinkansen
(Online order is possible in Green Car on the Tokaido Shinkansen)
(Food service is inlcuded in GranClass on some shinkansen)
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread