Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Gaijin buying a house? 2005/7/25 12:18
In the future (8-9 years) I plan to move to Japan, and though I'll be renting an apartment or staying in a gaijin house at first, I was wondering if I could purchase a house without being a Japanese citizen. Of course, I plan to stay there for an extended period of time, if not permanently.
by Pudding and Iced Coffee  

... 2005/7/25 14:56
It is difficult for a non-premanent resident on Japan to get a housing loan. This is due to the fear that foreigners simply leave the country without paying their bills, a phenomena, which, unfortunatelly, is not uncommon.

So, I recommend to first become a permanent resident and then think about purchasing a home.
by Uji rate this post as useful

sure, you can !! 2006/9/30 21:42
yes, you can. If you can indentify your status in Japan. And it would be better to pay the fee one time !!
by ert rate this post as useful

Getting mortgage 2007/3/13 19:28
You don't need to be a Japanese citizen but you have to be a permanent resident. However, gaijin will still have problems getting a mortgage. There is some good info here.
http://japansugoi.com/wordpress/getting-a-mortgage-in-japan/
by Rex rate this post as useful

Rules are relaxing 2007/3/15 13:09
Anyone can buy/own real estate in Japan, regardless of nationality. Getting a loan is easier with permanent residency, but not an absolute requirement at many banks anymore.
by www.foreclosedjapan.com rate this post as useful

English speaking Loan Officer 2007/4/26 07:41
Hello! I am looking for any potential career opportunities for an English speaking Loan Officer in Tokyo. Can anybody give any feedback or help if this would be possible. After reading some of the posts, it sounds like there could be a need for the foreign community in Tokyo to have someone they can communicate with at ease regarding getting a home loan.

You can contact me at

glennespe@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance!
by Glenn rate this post as useful

. 2007/4/26 08:03
You probably won't be able to, unless you were really familiar with the Japanese banking system and speak and write Japanese at a fluent level or at least business level along with your english skills. I do not think English skills alone will do it.
by John rate this post as useful

Peak into this one 2007/5/17 13:59
This may be the best loan option if you are intending to buy a house in Japan.

You gea full support in English either on line or by phone.

https://www.jjloan.jp/
by Hahn rate this post as useful

Buying japanese property 2008/8/18 11:38
by Littlewalrus rate this post as useful

reply to this thread