Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Nyuto or best onsen/ryokan? 2005/9/12 09:53
Can anyone recommend the best onsen/ryokan in Nyuto? Also, how would you get there by JR from Tokyo, and how many hours does it take to get there?
Any other recommendations for good onsen/ryokans in general?
Thanks!
by rick  

... 2005/9/12 11:36
The Tsurunoyu is very old and special.

Also, how would you get there by JR from Tokyo, and how many hours does it take to get there?

Take the Akita Shinkansen from Tokyo to Tazawako (3 hours, 15,000 Yen one way) and then a bus bound for Nyuto Onsen (30 minutes). The Tsurunoyu is more a 30 minute walk from the nearest bus stop, but you can ask the ryokan staff to pick you up at the bus stop.
by Uji rate this post as useful

how to reserve?? 2005/9/12 14:47
Thanks Uji for your response! How do you reserve a night accomodation at Tsurunoyu (I unfortunately can't read or speak Japanese)?
On another note, do you have any suggestions for the best shukubo at Koyasan? If so, how do I reserve a night accomodation there too?
Thanks again!!
by rick rate this post as useful

... 2005/9/13 16:08
by Uji rate this post as useful

Tsurunoyu Onsen 2008/9/12 13:31
The walking distance from the bus stop to the onsen is quite time consuming - 30 minutes. We wonder whether there are taxi services from the bus stop. We are not sure the inn will send its shuttle bus to pick up day visitors to the onsen. We plan to do a day trip to Tsurunoyu Onsen. Any comments are greatly appreciated.
by tju rate this post as useful

yes, a shuttle can be arranged 2008/9/12 13:49
If you go through the site that's recommended above, you can ask them to arrange a shuttle for you (when you make a reservation through them). I went to Tsurunoyu onsen and it is very peaceful, traditional, and relaxing. I wish I was there now!
by rick rate this post as useful

Tsuranoyo Onsen 2008/9/12 15:30
Thank you for your prompt reply.

We will not be staying at the inn but as day visitor to its onsen.

Is it a mixed spa or do they have seperate sections for males and females?

How is the dining facility, we intend to have lunch after the bath before leaving for Tazawaka in the evening.

Thank you once again!
by tju rate this post as useful

reply to this thread