Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

English to Japanese name? 2006/5/15 09:46
My name is Leanne. I have been looking at this website for a school project, but I was wondering if my English name ould be translated into Japanese somehow and if there are any Japanese names similar to mine? It would be interesting to know as I like most Japanese names and hope to visit Japan soon. I would also like to find out how people use kanji... Thanks for any help.
by Leanne  

Website. 2006/5/15 17:10
by Aurhora rate this post as useful

Heya! 2006/5/16 08:55
You know not all names can be translated.....

And Leanne is a name that i dont think could be translated.....and if so it wouldnt be that different really.....seeing as how Anne in Japanese is Anne.....just probaly pronounced a bit differently in Japan......

Sorry about that =P

-IzAnAmI-
(^.~)
by Iza rate this post as useful

. 2006/5/16 11:21
Leanne : リーン or リアン
by ... rate this post as useful

Oooo yea, リアン! 2006/5/16 12:38
Actually i beleive リーン translates to ''lean''  

Ooo yea, just looked it up, リアン is LeAnn.....so yea, same thing.....Leann/Leanne......haha XD (yayaa, learned something new! haha =P)

-IzA-
(o^.^o)
by IzAnAmI rate this post as useful

thanks 2006/5/19 09:06
Why thank you, i shall check out that translator site right now, and i guess i knew that it could never be translated completely or even sound right, i mean the closest i came to my name was Rian.... anyway, thanks for helping me out, just thought it was interesting and i like looking at all this japanese stuff. i'm thinking i should find a japanese family to adopt me X) ooo anyone seen fruits basket anime? another great product from this country
by Leanne rate this post as useful

There's that, and... 2007/2/4 05:09
You can always attempt to translate your name, but then you might get something you don't like! The closest translation to my name is "Rachiro," and I didn't really like that. Do what all my friends did, and come up with your own. Sakana Midori is my japanese name, and it's as good as any translation!
by Sakana Midori rate this post as useful

sakana midori 2007/2/4 17:45
green fish?
by Vic rate this post as useful

Sakana Midori 2007/2/5 18:31
Sakana : fish
Midori : green
i think so, too,
it means green fish,
but in jpn-name, i never heard the "sakana",it is uncommon name
i am j-native-man
by ** rate this post as useful

??? 2007/4/12 06:05
how do you say courtney in japanese and how do u say cindy in japanese???? please tellme ifyou know....thanx
by court rate this post as useful

Names in Japanese 2007/4/12 07:38
Court,

how do you say courtney in japanese and how do u say cindy in japanese????

Here you go...

http://www.japanesetranslator.co.uk/your-name-in-japanese/
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

Help me 2008/5/20 03:37
How do you say my name in japanese? I really want to know.Please, help me with how to spell my name
by Anthony Marquis West rate this post as useful

To Anthony 2008/5/20 05:12
If anybody knows a better tran. please post.

Anthony = アンャjー = ansonii

Marquis = マルカス = marukasu

West = ウェスト = wesuto

or West = 西 = nishi
by Jake rate this post as useful

..Forgot.. 2008/5/20 05:15
I would recommend you using アンャjー , マルカス, ウェスト

I just gave you the Japanese word for west. I would not use that for your name.
by Jake rate this post as useful

Anthony Marquis West... 2008/5/20 05:56
If the 'th' in your name isn't pronounced as in 'three' it would be:

"antonii"

Also, do you pronouce Marquis 'mar-kee'? It looks french... :/
by Brian rate this post as useful

Anthony 2008/5/20 09:08
Anthony,

Unfortunately, the default Japanese for "Anthony" tends to be "アンャjー" (Ansonii), just as "グラハム" (Gurahamu) is often used for Graham by Japanese unfamiliar with the correct pronunciation, but you have every right to use a form that more closely follows the correct pronunciation, so I would also suggest "アントニー" (Antonii).
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

reply to this thread