Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japanese descendant problems? 2006/5/23 23:36
I'm a Japanese descendant & currently applying for work through a certian Mr. Saito. He requires me to give my birth certificate and my parents' marriage contract. Sadly, I only have my birth certificate. I know my mother was married to my Japanese father in Manila, Philippines. However, they got separated when I was 3 yrs. old. My mother then found another Japanese man and married him as well. I don't know how my mom did it, but she was able to get a second marriage contract in the Philippines. Again, they got separated and now my mother is married to a Filipino (still w/ another marriage contract). If my mother wants to get a copy of her marriage contract with my real father, will she be in trouble with the law? Please help me how to get a copy of that marriage contract so I can prove that I'm a Japanese descendant and work in Japan.
by Japino  

listen 2006/5/25 12:59
I can't help really much abt. your problem but I think it is enough to prove that your mum is japanese . If she is japanese then you are japanese & you don't need to get any certificate to that boss. If he still is not convinced then I advice just to search to another job! Plus I think there are too many jobs that would accept you if you speack good japanese
by me rate this post as useful

Is it really how it works? 2006/5/25 20:41
Japino, is that how it really works in your country? Because in my country (Japan), you don't give out certificates to individuals just like that. I hope you have gotten a second opinion.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Attention Japino 2006/5/25 21:16
At the very beginning, Japino's mother is a Filipino and by marrying a Japanese national does not make Japino's mother a Japanese unless she has legally aquired change of nationality in Japan years back. Since Japino's mother's marriage with the Japanese was done in Manila, Philippines, it all but proves that she (the mother) is a Filipino. Also, to prove that Japino is a child of a Japanese (her father), Japino will need to submit such documents as her Birth Certificate and the Marriage Contract of her parents (Filipino mother & Japanese father) from the National Statistics Office and have them duly authenticated at Malacañang and the Department of Foreign Affairs. It is necessary that Japino should get these two documents to be able to apply for Japanese citizenship although Japino can find work in Japan holding a Philippine passport. However, Japino, if you are intent at applying for Japanese citizenship as a child of a Japanese national, which is a big advantage here in Japan, these 3 marriage applications submitted by your mother are all registered at the Manila City Hall and at the NSO. Legally, you can say that she has done wrong but that has been the system in the Philippines ever since, everybody else was doing it. You can be able to procure the marriage contract of your parents through a special liaison officer to the NSO who will avail for you the marriage contract legally without any hassle or worry.
Japino, I live in Japan and assist an administrative lawyer here. If you need my assistance, you can reach me
at mara6262@hotmail.com
by Mara rate this post as useful

Mara 2006/5/26 05:10
What a nice, patient, informative post, Mara.
by watagei rate this post as useful

Thanx Mara 2006/5/26 10:34
Salamat Mara. Thanx a lot for your very helpful and informative suggestions.
by Japino rate this post as useful

Your welcome. 2006/5/26 11:41
Just wanted to inform you of what I know.
by Mara rate this post as useful

koseki problem? 2009/1/7 13:25
please help me on how to get a hardcopy of my grandfather koseki since im here in the philippines. i do have the koseki information of my grandfather.
by kinji rate this post as useful

Embassy 2009/1/7 13:29
Has the Japanese Embassy in Manila not been able to help you?
by Sira rate this post as useful

Consul, Municipality office, NPO 2009/1/7 21:46
Do you know in which municipalities your grandfather was registered?
Generally, it can be gotten by mail (post) from municipality office. However, they require your identification, certification of relationship and the reason why you need.

I guess you may be able to consult three organizations.
First: Consular Office of Japan in Manila, Cebu or Davao.
Second: The municipality office that keeps your grandfatherfs kosekitouhon. Many municipality offices have websites in English (or E-mail address).
Third: NPO that support Philippine Nikkeijin. (There are some NPO, like this. But I donft know their details and reputations. http://www.pnlsc.com/english/index.html)

If you need further information about local municipality, please post question again. And I want you to report result, because many people had been posting same questions (not only on this site).
by hokusetsu rate this post as useful

reply to this thread