Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Ichinoyu Honkan 2006/6/11 22:20
Hi, I need some feedbacks for Ichinoyu Honkan.

For those who have stayed there previously, can you tell me what is the difference between its paranomic bath and the open air rock decorated bath?
Since room 2 and 3 both require additional 3000yen (is this per person or per room), does it make more sense to take the open air bath instead? It seemed nicer from the picture yeah?

Also can I just confirm the room with open air bath looks like the one as shown in their picture on their website? Do not wish to feel shortchanged or disappointed if this is not what is expected after all.

May I also know if the room includes an attached shower/toilet because I think the open air bath is meant for relaxation and not for bathing right?

And since it is an open air bath, will there be any privacy? Can any passerby from outside peep in.

Did anyone also try their family hot spa? Able to reserve for private use? Is there a fee for this?

Does the price include onsen and 5% tax already? Can someone also comment on their breakfast? Are they any good and filling?

Do anyone know how long in advance they accept a reservation?

I read that it is 2 bus-stop to Ichinoyu from Yumoto-Hakone. Will the fare be covered under the Hakone free pass?

Many thanks!
by Clueless  

... 2006/6/12 12:14
Btw, I cant seemed to find any info on its check-in/check-out timing? Can anyone kindly advise?

Also, do u know if they allow luggage storage before check-in/after check-out so we can proceed for sightseeing?

Is there any ramen/soba/bentou shops near Ichinoyu Honkan or around that area?

Thank u so much!
by Clueless rate this post as useful

Ichinoyu Honkan 2006/6/12 22:23
For those who have stayed there previously, can you tell me what is the difference between its paranomic bath and the open air rock decorated bath?

== I dont know the difference bcos I only stayed in the open air rock bath.

Since room 2 and 3 both require additional 3000yen (is this per person or per room), does it make more sense to take the open air bath instead?
== U can drop them an email, they will quote u, sometimes a better rate than quoted in the website. U can take the package with the meals, it is quite good value. Y3000 is per person.

It seemed nicer from the picture yeah?
== Yes, the picture looks nice... The actual one is not lesser but just much smaller! The open air bath can only sit comfortably for 2. More then u require to squad to accomodate more.

Also can I just confirm the room with open air bath looks like the one as shown in their picture on their website?
== Cant confirm cos I didnt stay in this room.

Do not wish to feel shortchanged or disappointed if this is not what is expected after all.

May I also know if the room includes an attached shower/toilet because I think the open air bath is meant for relaxation and not for bathing right?
== Yes, there is a attached bathroom and a toilet separately. Inside the shower room, there is a small tub made of mosaics.

And since it is an open air bath, will there be any privacy? Can any passerby from outside peep in.
== Yes, I think... is next to a river... But on top is a hill among the trees...
If someone intentionally peep, u cant really know... :) But I think this will not happen in Japan i guess....

Did anyone also try their family hot spa?
== Yes, we did. But I think the family bath i tried is not very conventional. It gives me more a feeling of a turkish bath environment. However, there is 2 common bath which they alternate as women or men common bath. So Im not too sure about the other one.

Able to reserve for private use? Is there a fee for this?
== Yes, when u chk in , u can make a reservation. No fee is charged for it.

Does the price include onsen and 5% tax already?
== Yes

Can someone also comment on their breakfast?
== Simple, with egg, rice, pickles, seaweed, beans, fish

Are they any good and filling?
== It fills me though... but not very exceptionally great! :)

== I dont remember, as long as is available.

I read that it is 2 bus-stop to Ichinoyu from Yumoto-Hakone. Will the fare be covered under the Hakone free pass?
== Yes, it includes. But not all buses. When the hotel sends u the confirmation, they will gv u the details on which bus to take to the hotel. If u print the picture of the hotel, it aids u to recognise it. The bus stop is after the hotel on the right.

Many thanks!

Btw, I cant seemed to find any info on its check-in/check-out timing?
== I think is after 3pm and chk out by 10am.

Can anyone kindly advise?
Also, do u know if they allow luggage storage before check-in/after check-out so we can proceed for sightseeing?
== Yes, they will hold your lugguages.

Is there any ramen/soba/bentou shops near Ichinoyu Honkan or around that area?
== Im not too sure since I dint look out... I had the meals in the hotel.. But there are quite a number of shops around the areas near the Hakone Yumoto Station areas... u can just hop 2 bus stops to find food....

Thank u so much!

by Clueless

by Ad rate this post as useful

Re: ichinoyu 2006/6/13 01:12

Since room 2 and 3 both require additional 3000yen (is this per person or per room), does it make more sense to take the open air bath instead? It seemed nicer from the picture yeah?

Reply: I haven't stayed there yet, but according to the web page the open-air bath is only available on the first floor. 2nd and 3rd floor are all panoramic bath.

Did anyone also try their family hot spa? Able to reserve for private use? Is there a fee for this?

Reply: No fee to reserve the family spa, but keep in mind according to the web site (and other information) each room can only reserve it once, for 30 mins. You can make a reservation when you check in

Does the price include onsen and 5% tax already?

Reply: included

Reply: 6 months. They just started accepting reservation for November 2 weeks ago.

Reply: Yes. Another way to get to the hotel is to take the touzan train. But according to some other posts if you have many luggage it's not recommended because you have to walk down a slope with stairs

Many thanks!
by kataleo rate this post as useful

... 2006/6/15 20:06
Sorry for the late reply! Just like to say thank you to both Ad & Kataleo for your feedbacks.
Cheers!
by Clueless rate this post as useful

ICHINOYU trip 2006/7/31 05:18
I just booked a 1 night stay at ICHINOYU based on all of the positive feedback here. We are staying on a weekday. We will be coming from Tokyo but heading to Koyto after Hakone. How do you recommend we travel to Hakone? We will be staying near Shinodome, so we will be far from Sinjuku for the Romance car. But does it make sense to get the Hakone free pass since we will be far from the Romance car and not be returning to Tokyo. And how to we get to Kyoto? Many thanks!!!!
by scott rate this post as useful

... 2006/7/31 10:54
How do you recommend we travel to Hakone? We will be staying near Shinodome, so we will be far from Sinjuku for the Romance car.

Assuming you mean Shiodome, note that Shinjuku can be reached in a 17 minute, 210 Yen subway ride.

You have two main options:

The JR Tokaido Line from Shimbashi Station just next to Shiodome or the Odakyu Railways from Shinjuku.

Odakyu is slightly cheaper, especially if you plan to use the Hakone Free Pass. But taking the Tokaido Line would be faster.

If you have a Japan Rail Pass, you should take the Tokaido Shinknasen to Odawara.

More details:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5206.html

But does it make sense to get the Hakone free pass since we will be far from the Romance car and not be returning to Tokyo.

If you do not return to Tokyo, then you should buy a Hakone Free Pass that is valid only inside the Hakone free area and does not include the round trip from Shinjuku, i.e. buy the pass at Odawara Station for use from Odawara Station:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2358_008.html

So, for convenience, I recommend to take the JR Tokaido Line from Shimbashi to Odawara and then use a Hakone Free Pass.

And here are details on how to continue to Kyoto:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5206.html?aFROM=2158_5200
by Uji rate this post as useful

thanks!!! 2006/8/9 20:28
Uji,

Thanks for your very helpful reply!!!!
by scott rate this post as useful

Hakone and Romancecar 2006/8/10 00:33
Hola!
Can I check if there are still any bus going from Hakone-Yumoto to Tonosawa between 7-8 in the evening?
Also are there any bus that we can board at Tonosawa which goes to Moto-Hakone direct in the morning? Or is going to Hakone-Yumoto neccesary in this case?
As for advance reservations on romancecar, I assume we need to give a specified date and time for the romancecar? What happens if unfortunately, we missed that particular train? Can we still board another romancecar or we have to purchase another set of tickets?
Thanks!
by Bianca rate this post as useful

bianca 2006/8/10 06:17
Hey Bianca,
Tonosawa and Hakone Yumoto are connected by train. You could also take a taxi too if you wanted.
by y rate this post as useful

sorry, messed up! 2006/8/10 06:18
Nevermind, I totally misread your question bianca!! apologies
by y rate this post as useful

... 2006/8/11 04:55
Can I check if there are still any bus going from Hakone-Yumoto to Tonosawa between 7-8 in the evening?

Buses from Yumoto to Tonozawa run until around 21:00. Trains until around 23:00. Note that it is less than one kilometer from Yumoto to Tonozawa!

Also are there any bus that we can board at Tonosawa which goes to Moto-Hakone direct in the morning?

Yes, there are direct buses. They are bound for Hakonemachi and run from around 6:30.

Uji, much thanks! 2006/8/11 11:13
Uji, thanks for your reply!
So just to re-confirm, we can take a bus at Tonosawa (where Ichinoyu is located) bound for Hakonemachi?
That will be great as our objective is to take the sightseeing boat so either a stop at Moto-Hakone or Hakonemachi will be fine. Which stop do you recommend anyway coming from the direction of Tonosawa?
Also I was wondering if you might be able to provide a timetable for the bus service between 845-930 in the morning?
And would you happen to know the answer to my other question on missing the reserved time/seats on romancecar?
Thanks a bunch!

... 2006/8/11 17:30
Which stop do you recommend anyway coming from the direction of Tonosawa?

To catch the boat, get of at Motohakoneko (Moto-Hakone Harbor). It is a 36 minute bus ride from Tonozawa.

Also I was wondering if you might be able to provide a timetable for the bus service between 845-930 in the morning?

Departures on weekdays:
8:51, 9:06, 9:26

Departures on Saturdays:
8:36, 8:48, 9:01, 9:11, 9:21

Departures on Sundays and public holidays:
8:46, 9:01, 9:11, 9:21

And would you happen to know the answer to my other question on missing the reserved time/seats on romancecar?

I am not sure. I think you will lose your seat reservation, but you still can use the ticket on any regular express train back to Shinjuku. If you would want to ride another Romance Car, you would have to make a new seat reservation.

Great! 2006/8/13 13:03
Uji, thanks for your reply again!
We are also wondering if there is any direct bus from Amazake Chaya to Tonosawa direct between 4-5pm? If not, which do you suggest here? To take the bus from Amazake Chaya to Yumoto and followed by a bus to Tonosawa or walk back to Moto-Hakone and take a direct bus to Tonosawa?
Also can someone please help on this: about the onsen tamago at Owakudani (6 for 500yen), must the eggs be eaten fresh/immediately or are we able to bring back to our home country as gifts for family and friends?
Also with the recent terrorist threats, what are the things not allowed on board the plane beside bottled drinks at Narita Airport?
Since we are not allowed to buy any duty free goods when we leave for Japan, would any kind soul knows if we can purchase duty free cigarettes at Narita Airport or are they NO-NO as well?
If so, usually how much do a pack of cigarettes costs? Can one find cheap cigarettes at 100yen shops?

... 2006/8/13 16:40
By the way, please note that all these timetables refer to the current summer timetable. I cannot guarantee that the same timetables are correct during winter. I think the timetable changes around mid November.

We are also wondering if there is any direct bus from Amazake Chaya to Tonosawa direct between 4-5pm? If not, which do you suggest here?

No, there is no direct bus. You should take the bus to Yumoto and the the train or bus to Tonozawa. Note that the last bus of the day leaves Amazakechaya at 17:15.

Also can someone please help on this: about the onsen tamago at Owakudani (6 for 500yen), must the eggs be eaten fresh/immediately or are we able to bring back to our home country as gifts for family and friends?

No, you cannot keep them long enough to be taken home as souvenirs.

Ichinoyu Honkan 2007/11/24 19:24
Hi. I've make a reservation at the Ichinoyu Honkan 3 times, but it doesn't seem to work. The site has an email address and when I've tried that, the email came back to me saying that it doesn't exist!

Can anyone tell me if the Standard dinner(dinner setA) is any good?

Any extra information about the ichinoyu honkan will be very much appreciated! thanx.
by Jin rate this post as useful

. 2007/11/27 16:01
I've been able to send e-mail to the reservation@ichinoyu.co.jp address without any problems as I had to e-mail a reconfirmation of my reservation around two weeks ago and received a response several hours later from their reservation center. You may want to try signing up for a Google Mail account and seeing if you can get through from there.

Honkan's building is a bit rustic in nature and I suppose its long history in the area is part of the allure (Kansuiro nearby probably more so if you really want to experience a traditional onsen ryokan). The muted sound of the river can be really soothing and if you manage to get a room with a panoramic bath, is really nice. While you can reserve one of the public baths for around 30 minutes, trust me, that is a bit too short as I've stayed soaking for longer periods than that. As for the standard dinner, I haven't tried it at either Honkan or Shinkan (heard it was alright) but have had the complimentary buffet breakfast which was pretty good.

If Honkan is fiiled (which happens often unless you book really early as they start taking reservations 6 months in advance), they usually will ask if you would like to stay at Ichinoyu Shinkan Tonosawa instead. This place is a newer style building so it doesn't have that old style charm that Honkan has but most of the rooms have a private onsen bath out on the balcony. There is also a public bath comprised of an indoor and outdoor section (the outdoor one was great).
by Senbei rate this post as useful

Directions to Ichinoyu Honkan 2008/10/24 14:40
I would like to ask a few questions regarding how to get to Ichinoyu
Honkan. I will be traveling by Shinkansen to Odawara, and will purchase a
Hakone Free Pass at Odawara station. What is the best way to get to
Inchinoyu Honkan?

1. Take a Tozan bus from Odawara and drop off at Kami Tonosawa?
2. Take the Tozan train and drop off at Tonosawa station and walk across the
river?
3. Is the Free Area Hakone Free Pass only available at Odawara? Am I able to purchase it at Shinjuku Odakyu office instead?
by midas rate this post as useful

reply to this thread