Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

romantic japanese phrase 2006/7/30 23:08
has anyone heard od this (romantic phrase) that some japanese scientists to be the most romantic phrase? In english it was something like, Let`s laugh here again to together next year. and it japanese, began, Rainen kohi? If anyone is familiar with this phrase or any other romantic phrases in Japanese please drop a line
by stl  

. 2006/7/31 15:45
kimi no hitomi ni kanpai.
by . rate this post as useful

FIGHT! 2006/8/4 06:29
Hitomi bore da!
by NikoNikoNik rate this post as useful

well i have some 2006/9/22 20:49
you look beautiful- kirei dayo
you have beautiful eyes- kirei-na hitomidane
i'm crazy about you- kimini muchyu nanda.

hope this'll help...go get em tiger :)
by vincent rate this post as useful

thanks Brosef 2006/9/23 02:04
Thanks Vincent. I have a question, i understand basic japense, kirei na- is modifying the word hitomi. But, i thought me- was eyes not hitomi what is the difference?
by stl rate this post as useful

kirei na hitomi 2006/10/30 04:34
hitomi is pupil

but in Japanese saying hitomi means eye with a nuance of being beautiful. When talking about women's eyes it'll always be hitomi, not me. Me is more like talking about a body part, himomi is more like poetry, if that makes sense.
by maru rate this post as useful

to maru 2006/10/30 11:36
目 To me sounds like an body part term (like english: navel, how amny people say "navel"?)

瞳 Sounds more like a word (Navel=Belly button) That people use
by kasuga rate this post as useful

君の瞳 2007/8/21 23:00
kimi no hitomi kanpai. Cheers for your eyes.
kimi no hitomi de oyogitai.
I want to swim in your eyes, it's old but it still works^^ がんばってください
by マリコ rate this post as useful

Just to add 2007/8/22 22:00
Actually, "Kimi no hitomi ni kanpai!" (Cheers to your (beautiful) eyes) was the Japanese subtitle for the line in the movie Casablanca that goes "Here's looking at you, kid." That one line is considered one of the most wonderful movie subtitle translations ever :)
by AK rate this post as useful

errr.. 2008/2/19 12:55
i thought that was a super cute quote too but i don't know how it's originally stated..
so i translated that to japanese, then through a romaji translator..
this is what came out..

Let us laugh here again next year.
=
再び来年ここで一緒に私たちに笑わせてください。
=
futatabi rainen kokode isshoni watashitachi ni warawa setekudasai .
hope it helps
by sharingannosasuke rate this post as useful

hm... 2008/12/18 08:15
just wondering, but could it possibly be: rainen no hono hi mo issho ni waratteeiyoh?
by someone rate this post as useful

reply to this thread