Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Adaptor japanese camera to australia? 2006/10/16 23:40
hi guys i am looking to buy a Sony Dsc t10 camera in Tokyo- prob from Tsukomo- i was wondering what power adaptor i would need with it?
thanks
by rahulley  

100-240V 2006/10/17 13:08
I couldn't say for certain, but most Sony chargers I've seen have 100-240V range.
by Sandy rate this post as useful

Price 2006/10/17 13:11
You can also find that camera in Japan for as cheap as $320 AUD

thanks 2006/10/17 16:03
thanks so much sandy- do u know if they will supply me with the adaptor for 2 prongs or do i jus buy it there. do u have any recommended shops?
by rahulley rate this post as useful

adapter 2006/10/17 21:50
You can buy converter plugs (two pin Japanese parallel plug to Australian angled pins) in Australia. I've seen them at the airport, and duty free places and at Jaycar electronics:

http://www.jaycar.com.au/productResults.asp?FORM=CAT

When will you be coming to Japan?

trip details 2006/10/17 22:27
i'll be in japan from the 11th of novemmber- for 10 days and then am off for 4 weeks in china. looking forward to it immensely- i love photography and japan=esp kyoto should be gorgeous- are there anny mountainous areas we could visit- down near kyoto-kobe osaka? with some nice views, waterfalls and foliage?
by rahulley rate this post as useful

... 2006/10/18 10:29
It could still be a little bit early for autumn leaves in central Kyoto. But in the hills north of Kyoto, you may be able to see teh autumn colors. I recommend to inquire at the tourist desk or hotel concierge for recommended spots.
by Uji rate this post as useful

adapter Aussie to Japanese 2008/1/29 16:32
Hey guys, I have a laptop and video camera that I bought from Australia, I now live in Japan. My question is; do I need anything besides an adapter to charge these in Japan? I don't want to buy an adapter, plug it in and blow my laptop up cos the voltage is different - ya with me? Thanks. Lee
by Lee rate this post as useful

Who knows? 2008/1/29 16:38
Lee,

I have a laptop and video camera that I bought from Australia, I now live in Japan. My question is; do I need anything besides an adapter to charge these in Japan? I don't want to buy an adapter, plug it in and blow my laptop up cos the voltage is different - ya with me?

You'll need to check the user manuals or the stickers on the devices themselves to see whether they can be used on the 100 V mains voltage in Japan.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

AC Adaptor 2008/1/29 17:59
Check the back of the AC Adaptor of both items, it should say something like AC Imput: 100-240V ac 50-60hz. If is says that you can use the item anywhere in the world. Also, you might find it easier and cheaper to buy a new electric cable to go from the electricity outlet to the adapter than buying a plug adapter. The connection to the AC adapter on portable items is usually this one:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:IEC60320_C7.jpg
by RobBeer rate this post as useful

reply to this thread