Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Timetable on Odakyu Line 2006/10/20 16:19
Went to Odakyu's website and only found the timetable for "Romancecar". If I purchase a Freepass to Hakone from Shinjuku, I will have to topup 870 yen and can reserve a seat, am I right? For non limited trains, where can I find the timetable and can I reserve seats?
by Sheeny  

... 2006/10/21 10:26
You can look them up here:
http://www.jorudan.co.jp/english/norikae/e-norikeyin.html

Or here:
http://grace.hyperdia.com/cgi-english/hyperWeb.cgi

The regular trains are all non-reserved. Seat reservations are not possible.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Non-reserved 2006/10/21 23:38
Does it mean that I might not get a seat?
by Sheeny rate this post as useful

... 2006/10/22 13:43
They are normal commuter trains. It can happen that you don't find a seat. However, Shinjuku is the first station of the train. If you go to the platform ahead of departure, you can get a seat. Furthermore, during the morning, the trains in direction of Hakone do not tend to be very crowded.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Which type of train? 2006/10/22 21:38
Many thanks for your reply. With the freepass, I can only use the Odakyu Odawara Line Exp 850Yen right? I have to top up if I want to use Odakyu Ltd Exp Hakone and JR trains right?
by Sheeny rate this post as useful

. 2006/10/23 04:38
Many thanks for your reply. With the freepass, I can only use the Odakyu Odawara Line Exp 850Yen right? I have to top up if I want to use Odakyu Ltd Exp Hakone and JR trains right?

The Hakone Free Pass is valid on Odakyu line trains in the direction of Odawara-Shinjuku and most buses/ropeways etc in the Hakone area.

Yes, the Hakone Free Pass allows you to ride the regular Odakyu train that normally costs 850yen (1150 to Hakone Yumoto).

If you ride the Limited Express Romance Car you pay an extra suppliment to ride in the romancecar, butyou do not need to pay the base fare.

It is NOT valid on JR trains, if you ride on JR trains you pay full fare for JR.
by john rate this post as useful

Odakyu line timetable online 2008/8/15 17:22
by sa rate this post as useful

reply to this thread