Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

what do Japanese eat at hanami picnics? 2007/1/12 19:53
what do Japanese eat at hanami picnics?
by sakura san  

Hanami Dango 2007/1/14 15:59
by . rate this post as useful

Re: what do Japanese eat at hanami? 2007/1/14 18:07
If you go to a well known place, like parks in towns, etc., you'll find lots of food stands that sell food, snacks and soft drinks. You'll be sure to find yakisoba, akonomiyaki, takoyaki, oden, candy, etc. food stands in that case.
by Kappa rate this post as useful

... 2007/1/14 19:15
Yes, there will be many food stalls in parks and famous "hanami" spots... in addition to what people take there :) And what they take would really depend on personal preferences... in the past few years, when I took walks in some famous "hanami" spots in Tokyo, I saw a wide variety of food, ranging from home-packed steamed rice + cooked veggie/meat lunch box style, rice balls, take-out pizzas, take-out fried chicken, meat on skewers or hot pot stuff (where people bring in their grill/hot plates/cookers).
by AK rate this post as useful

Liquid Diet 2007/1/15 14:42
At most hanami picnics, though I have not done a formal investigation (however interesting it may be), the emphasis of Hanami Picnics is drinking not eating....

When I say drinking, I don`t mean apple juice...

Have fun!
by HIS Majesty HS I rate this post as useful

Hanami-Party 2007/2/14 21:26
Hi!

I like to make a ''Hanami-Party'' in spring at home for my friends.
I just read that people for example eat 3-color rice cake dumplings on a skewer. I had a look at the pictures, but how can I cook it? Where can I find a recipe for it?
Do you have other ideas what I can serve at my party?

Thanks! *Anja
by Anja rate this post as useful

. 2007/2/14 22:38
Here is a recipe for "Hanami Dango"
http://www.office-takumi.com/shikisaika/04/free.htm

You will be able to find "Hanami Dango" at any supermarket in April.

Good Luck.
by . rate this post as useful

FOUND ONE 2008/2/8 03:19
This site actually gives the recipe for Hanamidango. I've found it's the same as Hanayori or Gion dango. I've been searching for hours. =)
http://www.midorikai.org/hanamidango.html
by AmandaM rate this post as useful

reply to this thread