Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Obon 2007 Question 2007/3/13 05:43
I am planning a trip to Japan from July 26 to Aug 11, 2007. I know Obon is busy so was planning to be back in Tokyo by August 9th and spend my last few days there. Should I worry about pre-booking trains to/from and hotels in Kyoto, Osaka, and Hiroshima if back in Tokyo by the 9th? Thanks for the tips in advance!
by velz2  

.. 2007/3/13 09:22
If you are in Japan by July 26, you will have no problems booking seats for any trains. According to my understanding, it only gets difficult on August 11 and some other selected days after August 11.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Travelling to Japan during Oban 2008/2/13 22:28
Hi All,

Just about to book my RTW trip, but my Tolyo leg is 15-21 August.

I beleive Oban is held over this period in 2008!

Am I going to run into any problems with transport, accomodation, etc?
by Steve D rate this post as useful

Obon in Tokyo 2008/2/14 06:30
My impression of Obon is everyone flees Tokyo. Looking at that time period this year, the 15th is a Friday. I would imagine that there will be quite a bit of traffic heading INTO Tokyo that weekend, especially Sunday, but going out of Tokyo shouldn't be that bad.
You would want to book your accommodation ahead of time, especially for that weekend, but the worst problem you will encounter, I think, will be the heat and humidity.
by Spendthrift rate this post as useful

... 2008/2/14 19:04
Indeed, if you stay just in Tokyo, you will unlikely have any major problems with transportation. Here are some more details:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2286.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Thanks! 2008/2/14 21:24
Thanks for the responses folks.

Will be booking the accomodation within the next month!
by Steve D rate this post as useful

reply to this thread