Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How much is Prozac in Japan (roughly)? 2007/4/22 21:49
I'm hoping to get to get over to Japan for a year of teaching, and am wondering if Prozac (or any of it's generics) is available (surely yes?) and how much it might cost at a chemist/pharmacy (I have a prescription). Thanks very much.
by Chris  

As far as I could search... 2007/4/23 11:58
To obtain Prozac in Japan, you will need a prescription (I do not know how pharmacies in Japan react to non-Japanese prescription; you might need to go to a local doctor here. Also, the price depends on what insurance scheme you might come over here.). Or you need to rely on individual importer shops (who import on your behalf). I just did a quick search and found one importer selling 28 of 20mg tablets at 7,600yen, another shop at 7,200 yen.

Their equivalent, or other SSRI medicine, that are permitted in Japan are Luvox and Depromel.
by AK rate this post as useful

Prozac 2007/4/23 12:07

Generic prozac or "fluoxetine" is about $ 20 dollars for a 1 month supply in the states. (thats 30 20mg capsules)

If you send your prescription to a mail order pharmacy, it could be as low as a 6 month supply for $90 US dollars.

If your're going to get it in Japan, at least get the generic.

Prozac has some significant side effects... your girlfriend or boyfriend is going to notice.
by Rx rate this post as useful

Thanks! 2007/4/27 23:38
Thanks for the responses!
by Chris rate this post as useful

Prozac 2007/12/4 08:49
Beware! Prozac is not available in Japan. Other medications may or may not work and will have unpredictable side effects.
by Connie rate this post as useful

reply to this thread