Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Strange Buddhist sect? 2007/6/18 01:10
Today one of my co-workers (randomly) took me to Oshajo (王舎城) and an adjoining art museum in Hatsukaichi, Hiroshima. It's the massive white building up on the mountain that faces Miyajima. Everything about this place was opulent and quite strange, yet interesting at the same time.

Does anyone know what sect of Buddhism 王舎城 is affiliated with? I did a search on the internet and there is absolutely no information in English.

I'd be grateful if anyone can give me some insight into this or provide english links! Thank you!
by christie  

Byodo Daie Kai 2007/6/23 10:09
It belongs to Byodo Daie Kai (or Byodo Taie Kai) 平等大慧会.
by BARON rate this post as useful

Info re question asked. 2008/3/9 15:03
Hi! Firstly, I wonder what you found "strange" about it? Secondly, you probably can get all the info you want at this phone number. If the answerer does not speak English, please ask for an English speaker, as "Oshajo" has many of them: 0829-56-2013. Rest assured, they are not selling anything, but rather "giving".
by Bob Thornton rate this post as useful

Nichiren Shu 2008/3/9 15:45
I believe the people above are alluding to the sect of Nichiren Shu Buddhism. You may have heard their mantra
"Om myoho renge kyo"?
by schnitzle rate this post as useful

reply to this thread