Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Maiko hair? 2007/7/10 10:24
Ha, I'm doing my best to go all out on my Kimono during New Years. Does anyone know how to do a proper Japanese hair style while wearing furisode? My hair length is in between my chest and shoulders. I'm not necessarily going as extreme as a Maiko style, but something nice.
by Miko  

... 2007/7/10 21:07
by J Lady rate this post as useful

Thanks for the pictures 2007/7/11 05:54
but does anyone know how to do those hairstyles? They look really nice!
by Miko rate this post as useful

... 2007/7/12 12:40
I don't think there is a big difference between Kimono hairstyle and Western hairdo for a cocktail dress, especially because you are an unmarried young woman.

If you want a sophisticated (and avant garde maybe) hairstyle like in the webpage, you have only to print it out and show it to your hair stylist.

One of the easiest hairstyle would be to curl your hair, clip it back and add some accessories.
http://www.rakuten.co.jp/pure-santa/1800523/1800528/#1362630

French pleat will do though it's a bit quiet for Furisode.

A friend of mine often uses a wig...
http://www.rakuten.co.jp/azeria/472491/698263/

by J Lady rate this post as useful

found something! 2007/7/15 16:24
if anyone else was wondering.. I found some good directions myself on how to do your hair. It looks like yukata hair, not furisode... but I still like the way they look and they look like I could do it myself. I just need the accessories.

Whoops... 2007/7/15 16:24

... 2007/7/21 08:39
The first pic out of the 3 that Jlady posted will be good if your hair is red
by Alex H. rate this post as useful

question 2007/7/21 08:56
No, it's mostly dark brown... the tips of my hair are lighter, but not red. My hair used to be red.
I have a question about the link I posted. Does it say to keep those hair accessories in the hair styles? It looks like they never take out the hair clips and hair rolls.

. 2007/7/28 01:34
have a question about the link I posted. Does it say to keep those hair accessories in the hair styles? It looks like they never take out the hair clips and hair rolls

Of course they do remove the clips and rolls before giving the hairstyle "finishig touch".

All those hairstyle are quite modern, not authentic/traditional. As J Lady suggested, just arrange your hair as you would do for evening dress, and put some Japanese looking hair accessories, that would be sufficient to make you look charming in kimono/yukata.
by . rate this post as useful

reply to this thread