Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

1 day fuji day trek possible? 2007/7/28 20:03
Hi, can anyone help me out on this..

Im arriving in shinjuku on 29th jul night abt 9pm. I only have 1 day, 30th jul mon, to climb mt fuji as im in tokyo for work purpose and will be leaving by 31st noon.

Plan on taking the 1st morn bus direct frm shinjuku-5th station (0745-1010h).

Last bus to shinjuku frm kawaguchiko station leaves at 1959h so I have to catch the 1825h shuttle at 5th station to head down base.

That leaves me only abt 8 hours to do a trek up to the summit and down back to 5th station. Is it very risky? I will be travelling alone. Have some trekking experience.

Wonder if it will be as crowded from the 8th station to the summit at midnoon?Dont have time to be stuck.

Any idea what time the sky will start turning dark?

Also, any idea if i can take a later transport back to shinjuku? Any buses besides the train service.
by cazfaith  

Yes it is! 2007/7/30 11:09
I didnt start at the bottom, not even the middle i think.. But when I climbed it i got my fuji stick covered in the stamps you get burned into em.. Anyway, we did it in one day, got to the top, got sun burned ( in minutes ) and then came right back down.. WHICH if you go down the side with all the ash it's pretty fun, but messy!
by Josh rate this post as useful

July 29 plan 2007/7/30 12:34
Seems like it's too late for this poster as he/she was planning to climb yesterday. I imagine the weather wasn't much good for climbing anyway.
by Sira rate this post as useful

reply to this thread