Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Ferry schedules in Okinawa 2007/7/30 01:19
Hi

I am travelling to Japan in August, and am thinking of visiting the Okinawa islands. I want to go from Naha to Hirara, then Hirara to Ishigaki and then from Ishigaki back to Naha. However, the ferry websites are all in Japanese so I don't know on what days the ferries leave so I can organize the trip! I know they go a few times a week but not the exact days. Can anyone tell me the ferry schedule in August?

Much appreciated!
by Marko  

Hiryu 2007/8/2 13:28
If you mean Cruise Ferry Hiryu,

It leaves Naha at 8pm on Mondays and arrive at Hirara (Miyako Island) 4:15am on Tuesdays.

Then, it leaves Hirara at 6am on the same day and arrives at Ishigaki Island at 10:15am.
by J Lady rate this post as useful

Hiryu 21 2007/8/2 13:44
Sorry, there's one more.

Cruise Ferry Hiryu 21

leaves Naha at 8pm on Fridays and arrives in Hirara 4:14 am on Saturdays.

Then it leaves Hirara at 6am on Saturdays and arrives in Ishigaki at 10:15 am on the same day.
by J Lady rate this post as useful

thanks 2007/8/2 22:07
Thanks J Lady!
by Marko rate this post as useful

Translation 2007/8/3 03:03
If you use Google (the Google toolbar, that is), you can right click on the page and at the bottom of the menu is an item called "Page Info". Click on it and there is a function in there that will translate the page into English. Another possibility is to use Altavista Babelfish at this link: http://world.altavista.com/

Just paste the link into the appropriate spot.

Granted, these translations are crude translations, but you can usually get the general idea of what is on the page.
by Paul rate this post as useful

... 2007/8/5 19:40
Here is the timetable in Japanese (complicated even if you can read Japanese):
http://www.arimuraline.co.jp/20070802.pdf

Ferries from Ishigaki back to Naha depart Ishigaki on Thursdays at 6:25, arriving in Naha at 20:15 of the same day, via Miyako.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread