Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shinkansen from Tokyo To Kyoto 2007/7/31 05:23
Hello everyone! In August, I will be in Japan and will find myself having to get from Tokyo to Kyoto midweek. I will have a JR Pass, and I am basically trying to find the easiest way to go from hotel to hotel.

In tokyo I will be staying at the "Grand Prince Shin-Takanawa" and I will need to get to the New Miyako Hotel in Kyoto.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!! Domo Ariigato Goziimasu.
by TrACEurACE  

... 2007/8/2 14:09
It is really straightforward. Grand Prince Shin-Takanawa is in a walking distance from JR Shinagawa Station.

Take Hikari Shinkansen from JR Shinagawa and get off at JR Kyoto station.

Shin-Miyako Hotel is right behind Kyoto station.

But, Hikari Shinkansen which stops at Shinagawa is not frequent, 1 service every hour. I suggest you to book a seat in advance.
by J Lady rate this post as useful

Tokyo Kyoto 2007/8/2 14:41
There is a free shuttle bus between Grand Prince Hotel New Takanawa and the Shinagawa station: http://www.princejapan.com/GrandPrinceHotelNewTakanawa/newtakanawa-whatsnew-shuttle.asp
The hikari shinkansen leaves Shinagawa every hour.14 min for Kyoto. At Kyoto station take exit Hachijo and you can see New Miyako Hotel already on your right side.
by Peter rate this post as useful

reply to this thread