Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Morioka reimen (cold noodle) 2007/7/31 15:57
I was in Morioka last winter. The famous local foods are wankosoba and Morioka reimen( cold noodle). I tried both. The reimen is real good. My question is about this wonderful noodle.
Morioka reimen is served cold with slices of pork and boiled egg on top, fresh vegetables like red carrot, spring onion and melon(yes, melon) are also added with kimchi. The dish originates from Korean, that's why kimchi!
I visited Japan again in May this year, but could not find it outside Morioka.
Would really appreciate any replies if someone comes across this delicious noodle in other cities in Japan.
Thank you!
by tju  

... 2007/8/2 14:24
Morioka Reimen can be easily found in local supermarkets. But some stores don't sell it in winter because reimen is sold well in summer.
by J Lady rate this post as useful

. 2007/8/3 00:48
Morioka Reimen is so different from Korean Reimen style. You can eat Reimenin other cities in Japan, but they are almost Korean Reimen style not Morioka Reimen.
by . rate this post as useful

Morioka Reimen 2007/8/3 15:40

thank you all for the wonderful inputs
by tju rate this post as useful

. 2007/8/7 00:04
You can eat Morioka Reimen at Ginza, Tokyo.

Pyon Pyon Sha
4-4-1 Ginza, Chuo-ku, Tokyo
Tel 03-3564-1963

The Color of Noodle of Morioka Reimen is yellow-white, but Korean Reimen is black.
by . rate this post as useful

Reimen . . . 2007/8/7 09:26
. . . is sold at maybe 2-3 other areas in Japan, but I don't recall right now. I know one big city train station, I think Nagoya Eki.
by Clevor rate this post as useful

thanks! 2007/8/7 10:55
..really appreciated with the additional information, would surely try out in my next trip to Japan ( December ), many thanks !.....

Re: Morioka reimen (cold noodle) 2007/8/10 08:27
The Mitsukoshi in Ebisu has recently been carrying a Morioka reimen kit, about 1200 yen, that has the noodles, cold broth, meat, kimchi and all the other fixings.

http://www.ramentokyo.com

by BobK rate this post as useful

I was just . . . 2007/9/11 09:41
. . . in JR Kawasaki Station and there's a Pyon Pyon Sha outlet in the food court there. Didn't try the reimin as too crowded.

BTW, if you've never been to JR Kawasaki Station, give it a visit sometime (don't confuse it with the Keikyu Kawasaki Station a short walk away). The Grand Food supermarket and adjacent food court on the first floor is one of the most impressive I've seen in Japan. The seafood section actually carried not one, but two types of Mehakari fish, endemic to Iwaki area. Impressive . . . The vegetable section even offered precooked vegetables.

On the upper 2-4 floors of the station is, of course, a huge mall.

If you want to eat, you might avoid the place at 1 pm on Sat. afternoon, as long lines at the restaurants and hardly an open seat at the food court.

by Clevor rate this post as useful

cold noodle... 2007/9/11 11:22
That is really wonderful, thanks a lot, will check it out!

its north korean style 2008/9/14 12:58
its korean style and they buy the ingrediants in korea.
but its originally north korean style of reimen.

and almost all reimen in japan which is called "korean style" is totally different from "real" korean reimen.
and the colors of nuddle are quite various in korea.
by young ae rate this post as useful

Reimen on Hokkaidou 2009/4/21 00:15
I lived in Hakodate and there, Morioka-style reimen was typically available in ramen houses - however, almost always only in summer. I do recall one restaurant with reimen in winter, but I can't remember which one.
by piq (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread