Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Aussies Teaching English in Japan 2007/8/1 08:56
Hi!

My name's Megan currently living in Brisbane but planning with my best friend Sarah to move to Japan for one year starting around march 2008. Just wanted to see if there were any aussies out there doing the same and what advice u could give me?? And if any aussies have websites about their journey please leave your website address i'd love to see what your experiences have been like!
by Meegiemoo  

Aussie aussie aussie 2007/8/2 15:06
Yep im aussie, did that didnt like it dont teach english now :)
Nova hold regular seminars in australia that gets into detail about teaching english into japan and life in japan. While I strongly suggest against signing up with them, the information they can provide is very useful.
by Kevin rate this post as useful

Steer clear of Nova 2007/8/5 01:26
Don't go with NOVA. GEOS and ECC recruit in Brisbane, and AEON recruits in Sydney. Go with one of those as they tend to have a higher chance of providing and caring for you satisfactorily. And I do use the word 'chance' on purpose. Such things as the school you will be placed in, coworkers, students, etc. is largely out of your hands and will come down to luck. All in all, just gather a lot of information before you head over and make sure it's what you want to do. You can have a lot of fun over there. :)
by icecream rate this post as useful

reply to this thread