Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Summer trip in Japan! 2007/8/2 15:42
Dear all, my summer vacation will come very soon, and i will have one week vacation start from 11th Aug.

As i will be alone for this summer vacation, therefore i have no idea where should i go and what should i do for this summer tirp.

I want to travel some where in Japan (i hope not so costly trip). Please can someone give me any advices or if there are any group trip, please let me know also!! If possible i would like to join too.

Thanks so much in advance, hope to get some reply!!!
by Kumo  

. 2007/8/4 16:26
I suggest you start your research here:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e623.html
by John rate this post as useful

First time visit? 2007/8/4 16:55
Assuming you will start from Tokyo, many first time visitors go Tokyo - Kyoto - Nara or Hiroshima (Miyajima) or Osaka - Tokyo. This warrants a JR Rail pass.
In fact, it all depends on your tastes and likes. Kyoto is a must even if you can't be bothered too much with all the old buildings. The link mentioned in the post above will get you started, otherwise a good travel guide is also a big help. There are several threads in this forum discussing the pros and cons of the different guides.
by Kappa rate this post as useful

Thanks for yours advices! 2007/8/4 19:53
Hi John and Kappa, i appreciate so much for your time to answer my question.

actually, ï'm not new here, i have been live in Tokyo for about 2 years already (stuydied here), and i have been to Kansai area once last year. And in fact i want to visit Hiroshima, Hokkaido, or Okinawa, but as you know this is summer, so it will be very expensive to go that places.

So i just would like to know if there are some ways i can spend my summer vacation like Camping or go some where as a group that maybe not so costly i guess.

But anyway thanks so much for your reply.

Have a good weekend
by kumo rate this post as useful

reply to this thread