Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Onsen info? 2007/8/5 22:23
Hi! I'm a writer just fanfics though ( :( vweep) And I was wondering what kind of jobs are there in baths for males. How they do the cleaning if anyone knows that would be a great help. Aaaand.... How much it pays. I like to accurate on most things and fictional on others ^_- just as long as it doesn't ever offend anyone of course.
by Noelle  

... 2007/8/6 13:19
I may not fully understand your question but in most onsen, baths are cleaned by their own (hotel/ryokan) staff.
by J Lady rate this post as useful

Dogo onsen example 2007/8/6 14:47
Usually the baths at on onsen are closed for a couple of hours a day during which the baths are cleaned. The only time I noticed cleaning personel coming in was at Dogo onsen, Matsuyama. A lady in her forties was mopping up the dressing room area and took a quick round at the shower area inside the bath. I don't know if this was something that happens everyday or if something was spilled that needed cleaning up. The blokes outside the bath made sure to cover up with the little towel but nobody was squeamish about it.
by Kappa rate this post as useful

Thank you! 2007/8/6 22:04

Kappa if you ever see another cleaning woman again can you please ask her for me how much she is paid? It's just research J Lady for better understanding of jobs in an Onsen.
by Noelle rate this post as useful

reply to this thread