Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

tailor in tokyo 2007/8/7 08:40
My brother is in japan studying for a semester but is having problems finding a tailor to get measured for a tuxedo for my wedding in the beginning of september. He speaks some Japanese but not enough. Anyone know of any tailors who speak english in tokyo? Thanks
by Ward  

... 2007/8/8 09:47
There may be more but I found this shop on the net :

Tailor Fukuoka
http://www.englishok.jp/shops/tailor_fukuoka_shinjuku/map.php
by J Lady rate this post as useful

tailor 2007/8/8 13:27
Hi I also are having trouble finding a tailor in tokyo to hem my trousers. I have 2 pairs of brand new pants that I've had for a month now and can't wear since they are too long. Any help will be sooo appreciated. THX
by Viv rate this post as useful

. 2007/8/8 13:30
Try the place linked above or these places (I haven't been to them)

Smiley Tailor, Smiley bldg, 7-4-1 Roppongi, Minato-ku. (Tel: 03-3408-5141)

taka-Q, Higashiguchi store, 3-29-12 Shinjuku. (Tel: 03-3352-3761 or call customer support toll free 0120-412-909) Branches nationwide.

Eikokuya, South Wing Sumitomo Seimei Kachidoki bldg, 5-3-6 Kachidoki, Chuo-ku. (Tel: 03-3532-6833)

Tailor Iwanaga, 6-1-6 Minami-Aoyama, Minato-ku (Tel/Fax:03-3400-5540)
by John rate this post as useful

hemming 2007/8/8 14:01
Viv, you don't have to go to the tailor for hemming. Bring them to the dry-cleaner's near your place. Generally speaking, they serve as a liason for alteration shop. Or you can do it by yourself. But I often do hemming by myself. Buy a hemming tape (すそ上げテープsusoage tape )at 100yen-shop, cut the length and iron it.
http://www.rakuten.co.jp/takatomi/468479/468482/469945/

... 2007/8/8 14:02
Oops, forgot to delete one sentence...

... 2007/8/8 17:53
Viv, J Lady's right. You can also look for ''reform'' of clothing (洋服リフォーム), which are often located around the corner of your neighborhood or in larger supermarkets. Some will do a great job in just a few hours if you're really in a hurry.

Ward, tuxidos are also available ready-made or even rental if your size is not extraordinary, and most shops will adjust the size for you. I speak Japanese so I can't say for sure, but according to my experience, you need to say very few words to tailor clothes. Folding the cloth and gesturing speaks more when you're trying to fit yourself into something. But I'm sure a lot of major department stores have English speaking staffs available at your service.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Tailor 2007/8/12 13:11
Thx Everyone for your help.
by Viv rate this post as useful

reply to this thread