Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Can Japan tour is safe for my family ? 2007/8/9 19:36
I have planned to visit Japan at the end of this year for 3 months.
I'll go there with my family .I need to clarify few points before starting my journey .I never been to that place . So I am very worried about my journey .
1)Can any one suggest me whether that place is suitable for visitors at the time of winter or not ?
2)Is that place safe for family outing?
3)I have come across a website named Asiarooms.com . Is that sufficient ? or I need to use any other guide ?
4)How much time it will take to get visa ? Is it difficult to get ?
Please suggest me what to do in this situation .
Your sincere comment in this regard will be helpful.
by Diane Hoffman  

Questions, questions, questions 2007/8/10 09:03
Diane,

1)Can any one suggest me whether that place is suitable for visitors at the time of winter or not ?

All the different seasons have their own particular attraction in Japan, so yes, it is "suitable". Of course, that really depends on exactly what you want to do. I suggest checking out the "When to go" section on this website for details of the weather at different times of year.

2)Is that place safe for family outing?

Japan is generally considered to be one of the safest countries on the planet, although that doesn't mean you should forget the usual precautions.

4)How much time it will take to get visa ? Is it difficult to get ?

That all depends on where you are from. Tourists from many countries do not need a visa to visit Japan for sightseeing purposes.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

Visit to Japan? 2007/8/10 09:17
Hi
Not sure about bring in Japan in Winter. Have been there 3 times and going again soon. The further north you go the colder it will be.
Do research! about travel and
places to stay. I do use asiarooms and Japanhotel.net.
Check prices across the hotels to compare. There have been questions about asairooms on this forum before, do a search.
Visa depends where you are from?, from New Zealand I get 90 days as a tourist.
No need for visa. I would rate Japan as one of the safest places to visit in the world. Credit cards are becoming more used but
cash still rules in smaller places. The big tourist centers all cater for tourists like Kyoto, Nara,
Hiroshima and so on.
Have you read any guide books yet?. Lonely Planet
and so on?. Checked the
JNTO site?, check city sites
as well, all major places are on net. Travel is a breeze but check when public holidays are as trains etc can be full. Remember xmas is not big in Japan but new year is. Would recommend booking most of your hotels in advance to avoid problems later.
Go and enjoy
Kiwi
by Kiwi rate this post as useful

reply to this thread