Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

are there laundry mats in tokyo? 2007/8/14 07:05
i am visiting the first week of september for 10 nights and wanted to pack light, but i would need to do laundry at least once during our stay. we are staying at shinagawa prince hotel the first six nights and in kyoto the last four nights. Where could we do a couple loads of laundry?
by johnnierotten5  

... 2007/8/14 09:38
I couldn't find laundry in Shinagawa area. Which hotel are you going to stay in Kyoto?
by J Lady rate this post as useful

. 2007/8/14 15:24
The Prince is a pretty nice place... maybe the maids could do your laundry for you if you asked? Wild guess....
by Miko rate this post as useful

laundry 2007/8/14 20:22
They will certainly have a laundry service at the hotel. There are most likely coin laundries in Shinagawa but they will probably be a fair distance from the train station.
by Sira rate this post as useful

Hotel 2007/8/15 02:56
Ask the conceirge at your hotel, they should know. But be prepared for the laundromat to be fairly seedy.
by Steve rate this post as useful

kyoto hotel 2007/8/15 06:11
we are staying at the New Myiako hotel in Kyoto. Also, does anyone know if the trains run all night? we are going to DL and will be staying to closing, which is 10pm...
by johnnierotten5 rate this post as useful

. 2007/8/15 06:45
Trains typically stop running from around 12midnight.
by John rate this post as useful

. 2007/8/15 06:50
Don't know what DL is, but if you need to make connections to get there, make sure you make all the connections before midnight, especially if it is far from wherever you're staying.

taxis 2007/8/15 07:13
Taxis are always in service 24/7. A more expensive option, but it'll get you where you need to go after the trains/buses stop.
Sometimes you need to reserve a taxi, but if you're near a train station, a lot of taxis are always waiting for people.
by Miko rate this post as useful

DL? 2007/8/15 09:27
johnnierotten5,

Please tell me DL does not stand for Disneyland. If it does, the last direct Shinkansen to Kyoto leaves at 2120 from Tokyo. The last Hikari leaves at 2006. Basically,you leave the park early or you stay the night in Tokyo.

The good news is the New Miyako is located basically inside the Kyoto train station.

If DL is not Disneyland, let us know what it is.

Cheers,

George
by George rate this post as useful

. 2007/8/15 09:33
The Hotel Granvia is inside Kyoto Station, the New Miyako is across the street, even furthur if it is next to (across a busy street) and to the back corner.

But anycayse yes I hope DL does not stand for disneyland (good catch there George) I wasn't even thiking of that, I was thinking it might be some club the "DL" lol I hope so though. If you are visiting disney to the evening then you might as well just stay in Tokyo.

DL 2007/8/18 00:50
DL does stand for Disneyland-sorry ;)
We are staying at the Shinagawa Prince in Tokyo for 6 days during which we will be visiting Disneyland on one day and Disney Sea on the next day. Then, we will go on a tour to see waterfalls (cannot remember the name right now and it isnt in front of me) and take a train at the end of the tour to the New Miyako in Kyoto -were we will stay for 4 nights.
by johnnierotten5 rate this post as useful

. 2007/8/18 02:12
The tour ends at 10pm? Or earlier?

reply to this thread