Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

about Miyako Odori 2007/8/18 02:54
We are going to Japan next spring and would really like to see the Miyako Odori (Cherry Blossom Dance) in Kyoto on April 20th. We will be staying at the New Miyako Hotel. Can anyone tell me how to get from the hotel to the show and also whether buying tickets in advance is needed. Thanks for the help.
Claudia
by Claudia  

... 2007/8/18 10:06
Miyako Odori is held at Gion Kaburenjo theater in Gion district from April 1st to 30th. Shows are held 4 times a day.

There're several ways to get Gion districts from New Miyako Hotel. The less confusing way is take a bus from the terminal in front of Kyoto station. (Note that New Miyako Hotel is at the back side of the station)

Take #17, #205 and other buses which go towards north part of Kyoto via Kawaramachi street and get off at SHIJO KAWARAMACHI stop. You can walk from there to Gion in 5 min.

Take #206 and others which go to north part of Kyoto via Higashiyama-Ohdori street and you will get off at Gion bus-stop.

Ask your hotel to get a ticket for you. Even when advance tickets are sold out, you have a good chance to get the-same-day tickets.
by J Lady rate this post as useful

Thanks for the help! 2007/8/20 02:15
Thanks very much, J Lady. Your instructions are great. I will probably have other questions about Japan as our trip nears and I am happy to have found a forum that is so helpful.
Claudia
by Claudia rate this post as useful

reply to this thread