Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 26

1 2
next

10 days travel ideas from Osaka 2007/8/19 18:01
We are 4 people want see Japan in 10 days. Landing and departing from Osaka. Would like to see Osaka, Kyoto, Tokyo, Hiroshima etc. What would be the best way to travell and is JR 7 day pass is good for us.What will be the cheapest return tickect from Osaka to Tokyo. How many days we should stay in each of the cities to cover important things. Is it cheaper to by Nikon d80x kit in Japan than in Australia. Any suggestions for decent hotels/ins in these cities closer to transport.
Thanks for all responses in advance.

Thiga
by Thiga  

... 2007/8/21 22:43
How much time you want to spend in each city depends on your personal interests and prefered pace of travel. Stay longer in Kyoto if you like culture and history. Stay longer in Tokyo and Osaka if you like big cities and shopping...

Nevertheless, below is a itinerary suggestion for an average traveler with balanced interests:
day 1: Osaka
day 2: Osaka
day 3: Osaka-Hiroshima
day 4: Hiroshima-Tokyo
day 5: Tokyo
day 6: Tokyo
day 7: Tokyo-Kyoto
day 8: Kyoto
day 9: Kyoto
day 10: Kyoto

A 7-day Japan Rail Pass will be the best value (should cover days 3-7).
by Uji rate this post as useful

WOW! 2007/8/22 02:31
Uji's advice is always very appropriate. *AMAZED*

Dont forget the 1-day trip to Himeji from Osaka. :)

by .... rate this post as useful

Thanks Uji for your advice 2007/8/22 23:20
Thanks for your expert advice, I think I will be following your suggestion.

Thanks a lot.

Thiga
by Thiga rate this post as useful

Hotels to stay on arrival 2007/8/26 20:44
We are intend to arrive at Kansai airport at about 8.30pm, we would like to stay near Kasai airport on that night or travel to Osaka and stay there. What will be the best option considering we are new to Japan, and arriving at night.We would like some accomodation for that night in the price range AUS $100 -$150 for a Twin or Double room. Please advice your hotel recommendations. Thanks again for your help.

... 2007/8/27 10:37
I presume you are flying Jetstar from Australia to Osaka? Those tickets are great values :)

I have done that myself, I caught a bus from Kansai airport to Osaka city and stayed at a hotel where the airport bus stopped at. I found that to be the best option as it can be difficult to look for directions at night while dragging your luggages with you.

You can check the Kansai airport website for more bus route information. At least a few of those hotels should fit your price range.
by donna rate this post as useful

Namba would be a good place to stay 2007/8/27 11:42
The flight can be late, after checkout, catching bus to Namba (southern centre of Osaka) in 45 mins. you might arrive there around 11 PM, still, still plenty of people in the street - compare to Sydney.
by JP rate this post as useful

Hotels near Namba /JR line 2007/8/28 08:23
Hi JP,

I would like to stay in Namba, Nankai JR line, do you have any suggestions for any hotels in that area. Appreciate your help.

... 2007/8/28 08:38
by ... rate this post as useful

. 2007/8/28 08:49
Nankai Namba Station and JR Namba Station are located someways away from each other but all in the Namba area. Nankai Namba I think is better situated then JR.

I usually stay in the Umeda area of Osaka, I prefer Umeda because of the more JR and private lines to nearby cities of Kyoto, Kobe etc., but for Namba the Namba Oriental Hotel is kind of upscale over the smaller business hotels and seems to fit your price range.
Arriving at Namba might be confusing so if you do find a hotel, have the map, telephone number printed and maybe a taxi from the train station or from Namba city terminal (where all the buses stop).
by John rate this post as useful

. 2007/8/28 12:05
Hi Thiga

I was recommended the Swissotel Nankai Hotel where close to the Namba station. The last train departs from airport is around 11PM. After arrival you still can walk to Dotonbori - nightout eating district for meal. And remember have your meal before boarding, I had had problem in both flights. I booked another good hotel at much lower cost, buy the way.

Hotels in Namba area 2007/8/29 12:54
Hi JP,
Thanks for your advice about taking the meals before the flights. I think Swissotel is bit expensive, I would rather prefer, a much less expensive hotel, any other suggestions, I have checked asia rooms website, but need some advice on choosing the hotels, Thanks for all replies.

Kansai airport to go Shinsaibashi 2007/8/30 08:27
I have found a hotel in Shinsaibashi, What is the best method to go there from Kansai airport - arriving at 8.30pm by Jetstar. Thinking of changing the train at Namba. Any good suggestions appreciated.

Il Coure hotel, Namba 2007/8/31 16:27
you may want to check either toyoko inn or Il Coure hotel in Namba.
I stayed a few nights in both of hotels a few months ago,and happy with the services.
They are not too far from Namba station,but very reasonably priced.
by liem rate this post as useful

... 2007/8/31 21:31
I have found a hotel in Shinsaibashi, What is the best method to go there from Kansai airport - arriving at 8.30pm by Jetstar.

By Nanaki Railways to Namba Station and then by subway to Shinsaibashi:
http://www.jorudan.co.jp/english/norikae/
by Uji rate this post as useful

one of happy stay 2007/8/31 21:47
Hi Thiga
I hesitated to recommend the one I stayed: $AUD 90/night, done size double bed, small but clean incl. breakfast, friendly services business hotel, 6 mins walk from airport bus terminal at Namba. Email me if I can assist. carsale@iprimus.com.au

Buying Camera 2007/8/31 22:09
Nikon D40 is about $AUD 600-650 in Japan at the moment, most of them are slightly cheaper there, again, it depends on the exchange rate.

Re Camera 2007/9/1 13:19
Re Nikon D80 i have found that cameras are very expencive in Japan as they dont discount and warrinty is also a problem as Nikon Australia will not repair aot cover warrinty for cameras or lens purchased out side Australia ,Try these guys in Sydneyhttp://www.d-d-photographics.com.au/ I always purchase my photographic gear from them and live in Sydney area Who knows may see u in Japan will be their on the 20th of this month starting in Tokyo
by LOZ rate this post as useful

why not stay at Kansai airport 2007/9/3 18:56
Surprised no one has mentioned the Nikko hotel right there at Kansai. We just stayed there 1 night for USD144 all incl with breakfast. The twin was slightly larger than most hotel twins in Japan.
Let's see if you land at 8.30pm then you should be out of customs by 9.30pm. If you're young, energetic and in a hurry (which you maybe) then yeah, head straight into Osaka which has lots going on at night. If however you want to take it easy, then just walk across the elevated walkway and you're at the Nikko Hotel in 5-7 mins. So by the time you're checked-in, you'll be in your room with no hassles by 10pm or so. The next morning, the hotel will provide luggage trolleys and in 3 mins you be inside the train station at Kansai ready to go in Osaka. Just thought I'd throw in this more relaxing alternative. The Nikko is the ONLY hotel on the island where Kansai airport is located. For all other 'airport' hotels, you have to take a shuttle bus across the long causeway to the mainland.
by mthk rate this post as useful

re Camera D80 2007/9/4 08:40
Hi LOZ,
Thanks for your advice on buying D80 Camera in Japan. I had a quick look at the website you suggested http://www.d-d-photographics.com.au and the prices are good, I might buy there. Looks like you are a Camera wiz, can I ask you a quick question. If I am buying D80 and I am on budget, what will be the best lense I should go for. I can go up to aus $ 1750 for Camera + Lense. I like to have 18- 70 mm or 18 -135 mm. I have no idea about the lense types.
Thanks again

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 26

1 2
next

reply to this thread