Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hotel Toyoh 2007/8/26 14:15
will be going to Osaka for a couple of days this spring, and I come across this place called Hotel Toyoh. IT seems really cheap, but how is it? has anyone stayed there? did you like it?
by Leo  

. 2007/8/27 09:13
Browsing off the net the Hotel Toyoh appears to be a youth hostel type of place, with shared bathrooms, curfews etc.
by John rate this post as useful

toyoh 2007/9/8 13:46
I stayed there a couple nights. It is a little larger than the three tatami on the floor, and has seperate toilets. No hot water except in the bath and showers. If you don't mind those things, it's really not that bad. The area is pretty depressing, and apparently there is no place in Japan like it. Compared to a US city, it's not very dangerous, but it has a bad reputation. I would stay at Toyoh again, but not too long.
by corey rate this post as useful

... 2007/9/9 05:45
I've also stayed in Toyo for 2 nights, and it wasn's that bad, just a bit dull and maybe depressing... But if you just need a place to sleep in Osaka for a couple of nights, I think it's ok.

Personally I don't think I'd stay there for a longer time though. Just because the atmosphere isn't the most cheerful, in my opinion.
by Lumi rate this post as useful

Osaka hotels 2007/9/9 15:22
Yo ucan always stay there one night then move out the next morning if you don't really like it!.
please check www.japanhotel.net
click on Osaka then check hotels in each area in turn (check price first .no need to check photos etc. if you don't like the price) . this site got good reviews and you deal with the hotels, not an agency, and pay when at the hotel. I used some of their hotels myself and liked them.
I have done the "cheap,small, depressing " bit in my time!! it's worth spending a little more for a pleasanter place. U can get OK places for yen 5000-8000 for a single, just a bit more for doubles.
by Sensei 2 rate this post as useful

Hostels in Japan 2008/6/21 17:39
I think it looks OK. I like that you can have a single room and ac. Some places to avoid (in my opinion) are the hostels that jam people into small rooms. They are really ripping you off. I know how much it costs to rent a building in Japan, not that much. And they are charging so much for a flee infested bed. It pays to put your bag in a locker at the train station for the day and go around to check out the different places. I saw Jhoppers in Kyoto and couldnt believe that people would stay there. You can often pay another 10 bucks a night and get a nicer place.
by dave rate this post as useful

I loved it 2009/4/24 15:47
I stayed 4 nights in the toyoh hotel and it is the best place ever the beds are confortable, you have free tee you can use the traditional japanese bath from the hotel next door as they work together, the lounge is confortable with 2 computers and only 100 yen for 30 min on internet, for girls you go to see the manager if you need to take a shower and he places an info on the door that no one disturb you, there is Western toilet on the second floor and it is clean and the staff is adorable I couldn't have had better, and if you book early enough you can have a room for two for a very reasonable price. and it is well place for visiting Osaka and Namba
by Nane440 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread