Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Catholic Church in Yokohama/Kawasaki 2007/8/31 21:20
Hi! I'm a Filipina who lives near Tsurumi station of the Keihin-Tohoku line. I just arrived last month and for three consecutive Sundays, I have been going to St. Ignatius church in Yotsuya. However, the commute to the church is long and expensive. I'm looking for a Catholic church with English mass in Yokohama or Kawasaki. Do you know of one? Thanks. If you can also provide the direction, I will greatly appreciate it.
by Wena  

... 2007/8/31 22:36
Sacred Heart Cathedral in Yokohama offers English mass on every Sunday.
http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/sacredheartguild/index.j...
by JLady rate this post as useful

church location 2007/8/31 22:40
Is it a short walk from Ishikawa-cho station? Thanks.
by Wena rate this post as useful

Sacred Heart Cathedral 2007/8/31 23:37
Sacred Heart Cathedral is also known as Yamate Catholic Church. Yes, it's near Ishikawacho Station.

Here is a map:

http://www.jnto.go.jp/eng/location/rtg/pdf/pg-306.pdf

by Sandy rate this post as useful

thanks 2007/8/31 23:43
I appreciate your help. I will go there this Sunday.

St. Clare Church, Kaizuka, Kawasaki 2007/9/24 19:03
Try St. Clare. Take Rd.15. After first big I-shaped overhead PEDXING in kawasaki,count 4 narrow rds on ur right. on 4th, ul see TOYO tires,turn right. ul find it in 3rd block left side.
by Ronnie A rate this post as useful

Thanks 2007/9/24 20:44
Hi, thanks Ron. We've been going there for three consecutive Sundays now. Do you also go there?

Hi Wena 2007/9/30 01:53
I roam around: Yotsuya, Yamate, Hiratsuka, Meguro, St. Mary's, not to mention Kaizuka.
by Ronnie A rate this post as useful

St. Clare church, Kawasaki 2008/3/12 16:18
I am curently living in Tsurumi. Could somebody please please give me the directions to St. Clare church from the Kawasaki JR station. I looked up wikimapia and there are not many clues....

Thanks
by Visitor rate this post as useful

never heard of 2008/3/12 21:13
To Visitor,

How did you find out that this church is in Kawasaki? Maybe that will give US a clue.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Whoops 2008/3/12 21:17
Visitor, I suppose you were responding to Ronnie's post. Unfortunately, I have nothing to add to his directions.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Directions to St. Claire Church 2008/3/12 21:50
Get out from the East Exit(Higashi Guchi). Turn right, going in the direction of Yodobashi camera. Walk towards the main road. Cross the road. After crossing the road, walk straight until you reach another two-lane highway (walking takes around 5 minutes). Cross that highway, turning left at the first narrow street you see (bicycle shop at your right side). Enter this straight,walking straight. Turn right at the second corner (you will see the Mild Seven signage). Walk straight again and you will see a mini-park where Filipinos gather eating barbeque, etc. Beside this park is the church. From the station, walking takes around 10-15 minutes, depending on your pace. I hope this is useful. I'm sorry my directions aren't that clear.

Thanks!! 2008/3/13 11:00
Thank you very much Wena. Will definetely go there this Sunday. Would you be knowing the English service timings?

Thanks again and God Bless!
by Visitor rate this post as useful

Kaizuka Church 2008/4/22 12:57
English mass at Kaizuka will start at 1:30 pm,every Sunday.Rosary will start at 1:15.Directions:As WENA has said exit at Kawasaki Stn East(higashi guchi) side.Then after taking the escalator(first level only),turn right(dont take 2nd level escalator) till you reach Yodobashi premises,turn left and cross road to Saikaya Dept. Store,go straight(walk along that road for 7mins or less) until u reach the police stn at ur right.Cross the highway beside the police stn(road 15),then you will see a bicycle shop,take the small road before it,go straight until you pass a small supermarket,after passing turn right and walk further till you reach a park.The church is next to the park.If you are lost you may call tel no.044-222-3075 and look for any SLC staff.See you there.
by Eric rate this post as useful

baguio boy 2008/7/23 23:33
hi there..am just new here in japan..and i live here in yutenji..can you help me in knowing the nearest catholic church please..tnx..
by arnold rate this post as useful

reply to this thread